The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE).
Job reference number ISMRA/SSD/2019
Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment? The Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the place for those looking to new horizons. We are looking for an experienced professional with a strategic understanding of the security landscape who is able to enforce policies across security solutions by fine tuning security policies.
This is a high visibility role which forms a critical part in monitoring network activities and reporting on any security related anomalies. This role will also assist in ICT related security investigations. It provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s ICT Security and Risk environment and exposure to many business areas. The successful candidate will also have an ideal opportunity to be an integral part of the organization and to really make a difference.
Reporting to Head – ICT Risk and Control, the role holder will work collaboratively with the IT Security operations, ICT and Security Services teams to detect and respond to information security incidents, maintain and follow procedures for security event alerting and participate in ICT related security investigations.
- Monitor and analyze the Bank’s networks for malicious activity using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) toolsets. This will include responding to and investigating alerts, assisting with developing new security monitoring use cases and ensuring all investigative activity is properly documented in the bank’s ticketing systems and followed up with relevant support teams.
- Document all activities during an incident and providing leadership with status updates during the life cycle of the incident.
- Provide analysis regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information from various outside agencies.
- Investigate intrusion attempts and perform in-depth analysis of exploits as well as providing network intrusion detection expertise to support timely and effective decision making of when to declare an incident.
- Analyze a variety of network and host-based security appliance logs (Firewalls, NIDS, HIDS, Sys Logs, etc.) to determine the corrective or mitigation actions and escalation paths for each incident.
- Conduct digital forensics and malware analysis triage and independently follow procedures to contain, analyze, and eradicate malicious activity.
- Monitor open source intelligence sources for potential threats against the Bank, and ensure appropriate defensive actions are taken with respect to these.
- Run vulnerability scans against Bank’s infrastructure, interpreting them and follow up with relevant ICT support teams.
- Triage issues and escalate them to the ICT Risk team, and ensure that appropriate follow-up actions are taken by the IT security function.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or any other related field with relevant IT Security professional qualifications i.e. CISSP, CISA/CISM/CEH or other relevant security certifications.
- At least 1 years’ experience in Security/Network administration with strong technical knowledge of database, network and operating systems security.
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and processes and technical security solutions (firewall and intrusion detection systems).
- Knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols, network analysis, and network/security applications.
- Working knowledge and experience in penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Knowledge of common cybersecurity threats and sources of cybersecurity information.
- Good understanding and knowledge of risk assessment, risk procedures, security assessment, vulnerability management, penetration testing.
go to method of application »
Job reference number PM/CIBD/2019
As a customer-centric financial institution, we strongly believe in providing highly personalised services to deliver that personal touch. To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and results-oriented individuals who demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills and most importantly, commitment in providing quality customer service to join our Cash Management Team.
Reporting to the Head – Cash Management, the role holder will drive and deliver exceptional sales performance by introducing new revenue to the bank and improving market penetration over assigned portfolio of clients. The role holder will also strengthen relationships with clients by positioning extraordinary value added products to their businesses based on their cash management solutions needs.
- Increase market penetration and share of wallet for allocated portfolio through deep understanding of individual client needs and providing suited cash solution structures at agreed pricing or fees.
- Understand the clients’ ecosystem in terms of cash management and create opportunities with their anchors- buyers-suppliers so they can benefit from the Business chain.
- Partner with relationship team in account planning for identified accounts and ensure account plans contain appropriate information on wallet opportunities and strategy for cash solutions.
- Identify opportunities for new business with banks clients in portfolio and work with the relevant stakeholders to turn these opportunities into revenue for the bank as well as ensure attainment of all cash management sales target.
- Oversee prospect qualification, customer calls and negotiations, solution presentations and solution based proposals and implementation, additionally, confer with implementation team to confirm solution’s capability to avoid missell.
- Create and own a cash pipeline from initiation
- Maintain a detailed and an up-to-date knowledge of the bank’s comprehensive integrated channels capabilities and their application to client needs and use this knowledge in structuring solutions.
- Frequently review client’s satisfaction with solutions provided within the quarter as an after sales service check to strengthen relationship and contentment.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or any other business related degree with at least 3 years banking experience.
- Good knowledge of cash management products covering e-payments, collections and liquidity management.
- Strong marketing, presentation and decision-making ability coupled with basic knowledge of transactional banking products.
- Proactive, assertive and highly adaptable to change with strong analytical and customer centric mindset.
- Excellent customer service coupled with strong communication, leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to analyze data, information and situations, for effective work performance with excellent attention to details and quality outputs.
go to method of application »
Job reference number PPTF/CIBD/2019
As a customer-centric financial institution, we strongly believe in providing highly personalised services to deliver that personal touch.
To better serve our customers, we are on the lookout for highly motivated and results-oriented individuals who demonstrate initiative, good interpersonal and communications skills and most importantly, commitment in providing quality customer service.
Reporting to the Head – Trade Finance Sales, the Product Partner will be required to own the full end to end trade finance products or product portfolio processes that meet customers’ needs. The role holder will also be required to grow trade related income and asset book as well ensure trade finance instruments are well executed.
He/she will be a recognized senior trade subject matter expert with a strong appreciation and understanding of structuring trade transactions and the relevant risk aspects associated with the trade business.
- Actively initiate & support new product development, roll-out and implementation. Originate, structure and close trade deals against customer opportunities sourced either jointly or directly.
- Develop and manage a trade deal pipeline using SFE tools, manage end to end deal conversion and ensure revenue momentum is sustained.
- Draw up weekly customer calling plan for trade customers to drive trade business. Negotiate key trade terms with clients/resolving issues between product and client and provide expert trade advisory services to customers.
- Monitor and drive customer approved trade credit facility utilization. Ensure the portfolio managed remains of good quality as per bank’s credit policy.
- Champion risk approvals for trade deals and provide risk management of trade portfolio and structured solutions to mitigate risk.
- Provide Relationship Managers & Customers continuous trade product knowledge through training, workshop and forums to maximize trade opportunity identification/solutions.
- Proactively manage new and existing trade clients ensuring increased output to grow bank’s share of wallet.
- Review trade product pricing periodically and do competitive and SWOT analysis.
- Drive overall client satisfaction and service benchmark of trade offering and build customer loyalty. Benchmark against world-class Trade finance providers and ensure that standards of the trade finance unit meet similar standards
- Ensure that the processes, structures and systems required to effectively service existing clients and develop new clients are in place and continuously reviewed using SLA’s
- Ensure complete and accurate customer charges database is in place and is known to all users
- Continually drive and ensure consistent and superior client orientated culture and high quality service delivery to trade customers.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years Trade Finance experience, 2 of which must be in trade sales function.
- Sound Trade Products knowledge with ability to package simple and complex trade transactions.
- Excellent working knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits (UCP 600), Uniform Rules for Collection (URC 522), Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees (URDG 758) and International Standby Practices (ISP 598).
- Credit skills
- Ability to interact and negotiate with customers at a senior level.
- Customer focused & results orientated.
- Excellent verbal communication, written and presentation skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number by 15th February, 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer