The world’s leading humanitarian, development and global health organizations rely on Ona to improve their impact and accountability. We build technology that affords new opportunities for governments and development organizations and actors to be increasingly collaborative, data-driven, and accountable to the people they serve. We also make tools that provide opportunities for organizations to make better use of their data to help address some of the world’s greatest challenges, including: maternal and child health, education, community resilience, agriculture, environmental sustainability, access to infrastructure and government accountability. Ona works with its partners to develop data solutions based on technologies Ona develops. These include Ona Data (ona.io) - a mobile data collection and visualization platform, Canopy - our new enterprise analytics solution and OpenSRP (smartregister.org) a mobile health platform Ona is developing with the World Health Organization.
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to support our expanding digital health portfolio, with experience in project coordination and administration (ideally related to digital health), who can also jump in and assist the broader digital health team at Ona with other tasks, such as proposal preparation, marketing, trainings, and product documentation.
The Project Coordinator would ideally have prior experience working on technology projects and should have fantastic relationship-building and communication skills. This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya and will join the OpenSRP and digital health teams. This role will report to the Health Solutions Lead.
- Coordination of all digital health projects at Ona, including managing logistics, scheduling, timelines, deliverables, reporting requirements, documentation, and work plans for each project.
- Work with clients and partners to define the problem they are trying to address and help to design appropriate technology solutions. This often involves travel to the project site.
- Helping to translate program requirements into technical requirements; communicate and work closely with our engineers.
- Assisting the Project Managers with key project tasks, such as defining project scope, developing scopes of work and budgets, documenting functional and technical requirements, and overall helping to manage projects so they stay within scope, budget, and are completed on time.
- Supporting quality assurance workflows on projects and documenting reported problems.
- Providing support and training to our clients on our digital health products and services.
- Coordinating work and outputs and facilitating communication between our partners.
- Organizing and planning meetings and workshops for our projects, including, but not limited to: arranging logistics and capturing workshop outputs and documentation.
- Helping to ensure fidelity of use of project tools and processes put in place for projects.
- Managing a growing community of OpenSRP implementers, developers, and researchers on our online communication platform and forum.
- Facilitating meetings between project stakeholders and partners and sharing of project updates and milestones.
- Managing all materials and documentation produced for community projects and finding a home for all outputs on the wiki or website.
Marketing and documentation
- Telling a compelling story to our global audience, sharing milestones and successes from our projects.
- Writing content for our media platforms, including the website, blog, and social media platforms.
- Producing marketing materials that effectively communicate the value of our products and services.
- Assisting with creating documentation for projects, such as user guides and training materials, and ensuring project deliverables are documented and disseminated.
Proposal writing and support
- Performing background research and preparing subject-matter briefs on necessary topics.
- Reviewing and synthesizing relevant materials required for projects.
- Helping in the writing of proposals and value documentation for the company.
- Strong interpersonal skills - making people feel at ease in your presence and willing and happy to communicate.
- Effective communication skills.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Initiative, enthusiasm with a problem-solving approach to new challenges.
- Systematic and efficient coordination skills, including an ability to prioritise
- Manage and complete a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Proactive and excellent organisational skills
- University degree in public health, computer science, health informatics or related field. with experience in project coordination.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Excellent proposal, report-writing, and communication skills.
- Interest in and deep familiarity with ICT4D.
- Experience working with international companies.
- Master’s degree in public health, computer science, health informatics, international development, or a related field.
- Experience with project management tools and software (i.e. Harvest, Trello, Confluence, Slack, Google Drive, GitHub) a plus.
- Prior experience working in LMICs a plus.
- Fluency in an additional language a plus, especially French.
- Prior experience working with software development teams
- Familiarity with or experience using widely-adopted, open source data and information platforms a plus (e.g. OpenMRS, DHIS2, RapidPro).
Method of Application
Please send your application to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter describing why you are interested in this position and working at Ona.
Resume or CV.
Note we will only contact shortlisted candidates.