Corporate Staffing Services - We are a leading recruitment firm in Kenya and have recruited for local and foreign businesses looking to hire mid level, top management and executive staff.
The candidate will be responsible for creating a feasible supply plan driven through interpreting differentiated planning strategies, satisfying customer requirements, optimizing stock and asset.
Distribution Requirements Planning / Replenishment
- Determines and ensures execution of deployment strategies for Finished Goods i.e. push vs pull
- Understands and influences the planning parameters (In-House and External) and assumptions i.e. production cycle time, sequencing, volatility
- Derives Finished Goods (FG’s) stock policy using inventory planning models by stock holding location and determines gross requirements by distribution center or market
- Understands warehouse and transportation capacity planning as well as customer requirements in the short term (e.g. Lead time / min max stock)
Master Production Scheduling (MPS)
- Understands and influences the planning parameters (In-House and External) and assumptions e.g. changeovers, stock-building, warehouse Constraints etc
- Develops and implements the run strategy, Creates and understands rough cut capacity plan (RCCP)
- Creates cost contingency plans and scenarios, supported by the Finance team
- Communicates the Master Production Schedule and consequences to the business
- Optimizes and communicates the line schedule taking into account sequencing
- Creates feasible production schedules, considers constraints, e.g. line capacity, labour, batch sizes, run rates, bottlenecks, planned downtime
- Understands difference between re-order point and fixed cycle scheduling, and when to apply the relevant strategy
- Executes agreed manufacturing run strategy and updating the bill of material in system
- Influences the safety-stock holding of suppliers for Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI)
- Managing Inventory Planning, Materials Requirements Planning (MRP), Material Call Off
- Ensure of production compliance on the SOPs of operation process and usage of material
Agreeing Constrained Supply Plan
- Conducts effective dialogue on assumptions and articulation of facts and evidence
- Optimizes production and inventory to deliver the demand plan
- Negotiates and influences the decision making process and raises future capacity and stock issues
- Understands and manages the functional and individual biases
- Determines and agrees key outputs e.g. constrained supply plan, cost supply & inventory plan
- Determines continuous improvement plans and raises for discussion in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting
- Managing the end of month stock take and to be carried as per the SOPS
- Bachelor Degree in supply chain, materials management, industrial engineering or other business related field. Masters is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Supply Chain Management
- 3-5 years of experience in production planning/ Master production scheduling/ capacity management in FMCG companies
- Must be familiar with OPM/ERP systems and PP/MM modules in sap
- Familiar with creating dashboard report in excel and other software
- Preference to Supply Chain Professionals/ CPIM holders
go to method of application »
The successful candidate will manage the annual audit process, coordinate the annual budgeting and planning process as well as manage the vat, tax and required statutory returns, submissions and payments.
- Manage all day to day accounting operations of the business ensuring that correct transactions are posted in the system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that the company financial and accounting policies are implemented correctly.
- Provide feedback to the Finance Manager on company policies and procedures, and constantly look out for potential changes which could improve operational efficiency, reduce costs or improve cash flow management.
- Ensure the integrity of the financial data in the accounting software.
- Implement a strict internal control framework, with adequate checks and balances, to mitigate against the risk of fraud or error.
- Ensure that the company does not have stock outs, and that orders are placed in a timely manner for all replenishment.
- Be an integral part of the monthly financial stock takes and investigate all variances which arise and explain these to management.
- Support negotiations with suppliers in an effort to grow the company’s gross margin.
- Analyse transaction data and make recommendations on general business optimization.
- Ensure that the company is fully compliant with all tax and financial obligations as per the legislation and regulations of Kenya. Engage third parties to provide assistance as and when necessary.
- Develop, in conjunction with the senior management team and the credit manager, a robust process for credit management and be responsible for its implementation.
- Develop and track department key performance indicators and provide regular feedback to the team on these and any areas in need of improvement.
- Ensure all documents are filed in an organized manner and easy to retrieve.
- Manage the annual external audit and present the draft audited accounts to the Senior Management for review and sign off.
- Lead the annual budget setting process with all departments ensuring they have sufficient training in how to complete templates, and then collate all the information into one company-wide budget for presentation to management.
- Provide weekly short-term cash flow forecasts for senior management to review and sign off on.
- Prepare monthly financial reports on company performance, and ensure any issues are investigated and explained.
- Prepare weekly lists of payment runs for approval by Finance Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/ Accounting
- At least 4 years’ experience of accounting
- Qualified Accountant (CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent) are a mandatory requirement
- MUST have experience working in a busy export company
- MUST be 38 years and above
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to advise critically and appraise policies and procedures and make suggestions for improvements.
- Adaptable and flexible with the ability to drive change and transformation.
- Must uphold confidentiality, be tactful, and proactive.
- Committed to professional values and work ethics with a high sense of integrity.
- Able to lead, motivate and bring the best out of a team of professionals.
Method of Application
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only to email@example.com quoting the job title on the subject on or before 15th July 2019
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.