Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a Pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a stellar Talent Associate to drive the recruitment and selection processes and administration duties for our organization. This is an opportunity to source for superstar talent for our Nova Schools and Support Teams and to help create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
About the role:
As a Talent Associate you will be responsible for assisting the Talent Recruitment Manager in sourcing and recruiting superstar team mates for functions aligned with departmental and company strategic goals.
You are expected to successfully meet the hiring targets for our current and upcoming schools and deliver customer service within the organization whilst maintain a positive candidate experience.
Working at Nova means:
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, other faculty, parents and members of the outside community.
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school.
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and colleagues.
How will your day to day at Nova look like?
Recruitment and Selection
- Support with all aspects of Recruitment and Selection including:
- Executing the elements of the recruitment and selection e.g. Phone screening, Scheduling Interviews, Coordinating Performance Tasks etc.
- Produce clear, strong, effective communications to attract prospective candidates.
- Coordinating communications with potential interview candidates (Jazz, Telerivet, Email, SMS, Phone) using prescribed communications’ templates.
- Provide information by answering communications; referring special communications to appropriate job applicants.
- Be a focal/contact person for prospective candidates throughout the hiring process
- Coordinate all aspects of interviews with strong/high quality candidates.
- Ensure that all interview logistics are organized and that interview tools are printed in readiness for interviews.
- Coordinate all aspects of the interview process with Nova Hiring Managers and the general team ensuring smooth handover to the Nova team and closure with candidates.
- Collect and record all interview data during and after interviews.
- Prepare briefing memos/reports to Hiring Managers leads after interviews providing key summaries and next steps.
- Maintain human resources records by maintaining applications, résumés, and applicant logs.
- Develop and support innovative strategies for researching and cultivating local pools of talent and individual prospects.
- Verify candidate’s background by contacting references and writing clear referencechecking notes.
- Negotiate and sign off on all offers as per the roles assigned using the standardized salary bands in consultation with the Talent Recruiting Manager.
- Update on-the-job-knowledge by participating in training opportunities, reading technical publications etc.,
Administrative and Records Management Compliance
- Ensure that all job descriptions, interview trackers, interview tools such as performance tasks are updated, maintained and stored in the relevant team drives
- Comply with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain our Jazz ATS ( Applicant Tracking System) and propose better ways to enhance efficiency using technology
- Maintain an updated HR tracker and input it with all the requisite candidate data
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by the team mate in this job. The team mate may perform other related duties as assigned by their manager.
- You love people and think, eat, sleep, dream people.
- You have 1-3 years’ experience in a busy start up or innovative organization that cares deeply about people development. Previous experience in a school would be great but not compulsory.
- You have experience with Administration, Recruitment and Systems set-up.
- You have exposure to Business or HR training. This is preferred but not compulsory as passion, skills and experience are the elements that will make you successful in this role
- You have exposure to 1-2 solid internships in well-recognized companies and perhaps 1 full-time role in Administration/HR.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business/ Social Sciences
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nova Pioneer career website on www.linkedin.com to apply