Feed the Children is an international, non-profit relief organization that was founded in 1979 with headquarters in Oklahoma City, United States of America. In Kenya, Feed the Children was registered in 1993 under the Non-Governmental Organization Coordination Board Act.
Reporting to: PR & Communications Coordinator
Purpose of the position
The PR & Communications Officer will work with diverse Organization teams to create, implement and maintain Publicity initiatives using a wide range of media avenues to build and sustain a good FEED image or brand through planned PR activities in and outside the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in coordination of ongoing and upcoming communication campaigns that reach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate office activities manage information and facilitate internal and external operations related to PR & Communications using the necessary tools and channels of communication.
- Capture ongoing activities and development for sharing in diverse offline and online publications including the organizations’ digital media channels.
- Responsible for capturing impact/success stories as well as gathering and updating relevant information for the organizations’ publications.
- Support in media engagement and partnership management
- Support in the production of promotional material and publications. This will include designing the publications and sporadically editing videos.
- Work with all units in the organization to ensure communication procedures are well adhered to.
- Promote and ensure adherence to the FEED brand guidelines to internal and external audiences.
- Preparing PR & Communications reports and other relevant reports.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Degree in PR &Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or similar field.
- At least 3 years' relevant experience in PR & Communications (preferably in the non-profit sector).
- Excellent IT Skills, office applications with experience in graphic design and video editing.
- Excellent writing skills, oral presentation and communication skills.
- Experience in PR media campaigns and events planning
- Organized person creative with Analytical skills and an eye for detail
Relevant Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with ability to adapt style to suit different audiences.
- Excellent Photography, graphic design and video editing skills.
- Creative and innovative approach to communications and branding.
- Up-to-date on new opportunities for the not-for-profit sector.
- Excellent collaboration, team work and interpersonal skills.
- Good events organizing capabilities and ability to multi task.
- Creative innovative and ability to take initiative.
- Ability to work well in a multicultural environment across different geographical locations.
- Knowledge and good understanding of Children-related policies and rights.
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please send your application letter, detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) reference to HR-Kenya@feedthechildren.org indicating the position in your subject line by 28th July 2019.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Feed the Children is an equal opportunity employer