Educartis is the largest web-based education information portal in Africa. They support the need for professional guidance and efforts to upskill learners in an ever-changing workforce and economic landscape. Safe, secure and easy-to-navigate, the two-sided information-sharing tool connects local education providers with learners in the region.
Educartis partners with higher education providers by expanding their reach to prospective learners, creating awareness of their programs and increasing their operational capacity. Learners benefit from a platform that allows them to discover, apply and even enroll into courses best suited for their career and professional needs.
About the Role
As the General Manager for Educartis in Kenya, the successful individual will have the unique opportunity to develop and scale the education platform in one of their key African markets.
They are looking for someone who has a strong mix of operational capacity to get great work done, the negotiation and collaboration skills needed to bring out the best from their education partners and the emotional intelligence required to lead a fast paced business and inspire a team of people.
The General Manager will define and deliver the business strategy and objectives for Educartis Kenya. This individual will be instrumental in developing, analysing and drawing market insights from the local environment in order to drive business success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Grow and lead a team of smart and passionate people towards growing the Educartis business in Kenya
- Set mission and strategy with the team and oversee the results-driven execution locally
- Work cross-functionally by collaborating with the product, marketing, data and engineering teams to communicate product and process needs to grow the business in Kenya
- Prepare and monitor the budget in addition to setting KPIs and driving sustainable growth
- Understand education institution needs and what Educartis needs to do to serve those needs
- Analyze local performance and diagnose problems and areas of opportunity for improvement
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns targeted both at learners and education providers
- Engage with local regulatory and political stakeholders within the education ecosystem
- Provide regular reporting to the management team on the business results and key drivers of metrics for the business
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor's degree is required; an MBA is a plus
- You have 4+ years of Management experience in operations, strategy, technology, business development or similar area. Experience owning a P&L is a plus
- You have strong sales and business development experience especially around delivering on sales targets
- You are an effective project manager with experience delivering on a multi-faceted projects with many stakeholders
- You have strong relationship building skills and the ability to create partnerships - from negotiation to execution
- You are able to wear different hats of responsibility and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get down to work
- You have strong written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to influence
- You have the ability to work both at the big picture level for the overall business, as well as the ground level to gather insights or drive execution
- You are fluent in both English and Kiswahili
- Knowledge of the local education industry, including key players, market trends, government policies etc. is a huge plus
- Experience working with remote teams is preferred
- Fluency in both English and Kiswahili is preferred
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Educartis career website on www.linkedin.com to apply