Starting date: October 2019
Under the supervision of HR/ADMIN Officer, ensure ensuring all duties of the reception are performed to perfection including quality of guest service to all visitors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcoming guests positively and executing all administrative tasks to the highest quality standards.
- Handling the flow of people through the organization and ensuring that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Coordinating front-desk activities, including receiving phone calls, screening and determining the nature of the calls, distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls appropriately.
- Arranging appointments and meetings when requested including managing an active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence;
- Filing, records keeping and offering administrative support across the organization
- Maintaining safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Assisting the Logistics officer in arranging travel movements e.g pickups/drop offs if needed.
- Assist in booking accommodations for ACTED staff if needed.
- Preparation of taxi and flight documents for payment
- Preparation of landline and other telephone paperwork for payment.
- Perform other tasks as requested by your supervisor or management
Qualification and candidates profile
- Diploma in secretarial, front office operations, Business management or any relevant field;
- Experience/knowledge in receptionist & customer service;
- Atleast two years of experience in an administrative role preferably in an NGO.
- Should be computer literate; IT proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Must have knowledge of office record keeping practices and methods;
- Must be very pleasant with a warm and outgoing personality;
- Being the first point of contact for the organization, professional attitude is significant.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent telephone skills
- High level of organizational skills;
- Precise attention to detail;
- Ability to multi task, handle pressure as well as possess stress management skills
Qualified applicants with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 6th September 2019 with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR RECEPTIONIST”
ACTED is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become part of the organization.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that shortlisting will be on rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.