Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences is an accredited TVET institution offering courses in the field of Health and Applied Sciences.
Equip Africa College aspires to train competent healthcare professionals who will deliver quality and compassionate healthcare services that meet diverse healthcare needs of the society.
TEACHING STAFF VACANCIES
We are looking for qualified individuals, passionate about sharing their experience and inspiring a new crop of healthcare professionals in the following departments;
- Nutrition & Dietetics
- Health Records & IT
- Clinical Medicine & Surgery
- Community Health & Development
- Business Management
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching students as per the units assigned
- Examining and marking students exam scripts in areas taught as assigned
- Practical instructions for students
- Supervising students during examinations
- Contributing to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum
- Assisting in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- Maintain faculty expectations as required by the College. Attend faculty meetings, professional development workshops and on-going instructional meetings as required
- Handling and scaling student concerns with regard to the assigned units
- Other duties as may be assigned to you by the Head of Department
- Bachelor’s Degree in Relevant area or Higher National Diploma with considerable working and teaching experience
- Registered with relevant regulatory body and must have a valid Practising License
- 2+ years relevant working experience required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Ability to learn our methodology and strategies quickly
- Problem solver
- Able to maintain high energy level and ability to engage students to ensure an excellent student experience
go to method of application »
We are looking for a passionate and qualified individual to fill the position of College Principal. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record in achieving results and in the improvement of standards of teaching & learning in an academic institution.
- Develop high motivation and aspirations for all students to attain excellence.
- Foster and maintain a clear vision for the future of the college that reflects its educational mission and where practicable to widen the opportunities for such experience in the community.
- Work effectively with partners, the community, and other educational institutions with the aim of meeting the healthcare needs of the community at large.
- To ensure that the college complies with its statutory and regulatory responsibilities including: Health, Safety and Environmental, Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity and Sustainability obligations.
- Motivate and inspire staff of the college at all levels to perform at their highest levels and to provide an environment in which they will thrive.
- Ensure that the College meets the provisions of its Strategic Plan.
- At least three (3) years of experience as a College Principal or minimum 5 years of experience in service as a Head of Department in a TVET Institution or Deputy Principal of a TVET College
- A Bachelor of Education (BEd) degree
- A Master’s in Business Administration or Education Administration or related qualification from a recognized university will be an added advantage
- Proven leadership qualities with strong team work and excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrable capacity in strategic thinking and excellent administrative and managerial skills
- High degree of integrity and accountability
- Proper understanding of financial management, good public relations and resource mobilization skills
Method of Application
If you meet the set requirements, Email your Application Letter, CV, and testimonials to the email address below to reach the Director not later than 5:00 p.m on October 4th, 2019.
The Executive Director,
Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences
P.O Box 1869 - 30200
Equip Africa College of Medical and Health Sciences is Sponsored by Mount Kenya University Foundation