Unga Holdings is a market leader in the manufacturing and provision of superior human nutrition, animal nutrition and animal health products and services within Eastern Africa. Unga family brands are milled using superior quality grains, selected to achieve high customer satisfaction levels at the same time ensuring that the nutritional value is retained in products when utilized.
Unga Holdings Limited’s subsidiaries include Unga Limited, Unga Farm Care (EA) Limited and Ennsvalley Bakery Limited. Over 90% of the company’s revenue is derived from Kenya with the remainder attributed to sales in Uganda, Tanzania and Rwanda.
About the role
The Procurement Manager - Raw and Packaging Materials will effectively and efficiently manage the procurement of Raw and Packaging materials in line with the company policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the company's procurement strategy and objectives
- Ensure effective and efficient sourcing of raw and packaging materials both locally and internationally as per the budgets and the laid down procedures
- Source, maintain and develop credible and competitive suppliers and supplier relationships
- Prepare and manage supplier agreements and contracts to ensure compliance and risk mitigation
- Keep abreast of and monitor procurement world market trends and recommend appropriate action
- Ensure optimal stock holding levels and accurate documentation for all procurement processes
- Ensure Continual Improvement designated initiatives are implemented, leading to increased productivity
- Review work performance of reportees including their development and training
Desired Candidate Profile
Does this sound like you?
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field
- A Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management
- You have a minimum of six (6) years’ relevant working experience, three (3) of which should be at mid to senior management level
- You have broad knowledge of international purchasing procedures including payment and financing methods.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, experience in SAP and other Procurement software is a great advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of the global import market including East Africa is required
- You have great experience sourcing for suppliers and negotiating for the best deals
- You have experience in managing, motivating and influencing cross-functional teams
Key Leadership Competencies
- Commercial Awareness - Ability to understand the key business issues that affect the profitability and growth of an enterprise and takes appropriate action to maximise success
- Leading Change - Proactively supports change and effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements
- Advancing Strategy - Takes account of a wide range of longer-term issues, opportunities and contingencies. Identifies the means of implementing plans in line with the vision and direction
- Driving Execution - Ability to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed activity. Shows determination and the capacity to work hard
- Developing Self and Others - Develops the skills and competencies of others through training, coaching and other development activities related to current and future roles
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Unga Holding career website on www.linkedin.com to apply