The Principal Technical Account Manager (PTAM) oversees a number of key functions to ensure our customers receive the most from their Microsoft Support relationship. As a PTAM, you are responsible for the support Services relationship, including managing the delivery of all support services, customer satisfaction, while driving business growth for Microsoft and supporting our customers on their digital transformation. This will require you to establish and manage expectations within the customers business and drive the IT teams to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
It’s all about equipping Clients with the capability to provide excellence in Service Delivery Planning & Management. As the conduit between the Subsidiary countries across West, East and Central Africa and their Customers and our global resources, managing relationships with the Subsidiary country teams to enable their Clients to leverage the suite of proactive support services provided thru our global resources, related to improving a Clients operational health, IT setup and adoption of Cloud Services.
The value that a Principal Technical Account Manager brings to Microsoft is increased Customer Satisfaction & Microsoft Unified Support Revenues thru the packaging, promotion and programmatic approach to selling of proactive Support Services that will help Microsoft Account teams in every Microsoft Subsidiary to grow their Premier Support business.
Ensuring the Subsidiary are making the most of the proactive Support Services available to them to enable their Customers to achieve their IT & Business Outcomes. By engaging directly with the Sales & Delivery management teams in each Subsidiary to maximize their Premier Core Billed (PCB) and Customer Satisfaction results. As a key focal point for the role is to maximize PCB thru (i) Growing Renewals, (ii) Upselling more Add-On’s, and (iii) Developing an improved approach to presenting a more compelling value-proposition to all Customers <$100k revenue. Critical aspects to be successful in the role will be, (i) the partnership with Sales Excellence and Scale Delivery, who drive the weekly governance of “Renewals & Outcomes,” (ii) personal involvement in the monthly review that HQ has with Subsidiary Sales & Delivery management, and (iii) formulating a simplified catalog of the Support Offerings with pricing to increase penetration in each Customer segment.
Key Accountabilities Include
- CUSTOMER - Creates a strategic support relationship with key stakeholders within our customer organizations, both within IT and their business groups to enable quality delivery aligned to their business outcomes. TAMs focus on understanding the customer’s business and IT objectives in order to develop and manage the delivery of services to enable customers to realize the of value of Microsoft products and cloud services. The TAM must be a change agent by articulating the case for change and helping our customers evolve their IT maturity, drive productive use of Microsoft products, and enable and support IT to make the business more effective.
- BUSINESS - The TAM is responsible for sustainable growth through routinely partnering across a One Microsoft team to strategize on ways to create new opportunities within the accounts they service. The TAM is responsible for the profitability of our services and increasing our customers cloud commitment through portfolio management, all in a manner consistent with Microsoft’s legal, fiscal and personnel policies.
- DELIVERY - The TAM must be aware and proficient in understanding the Services portfolio, and the entitlements and benefits available to the customer to be able to articulate the value of these services to support customer success. The TAM is responsible for understanding the customer’s priorities and constructing a strategic plan that defines the Support team’s approach to bring value to the customer. The TAM pursues, orchestrates, and facilitates programs of work to deliver outcomes that bring value to the customer. The TAM is the owner of the overall support experience across the entire lifecycle that includes planning, consumption, and delivery governance.
- LEADERSHIP - This role requires strong communication skills and imaginative, bold thinking in all situations, as well as displaying executive presence and confidence. The TAM must be able to show leadership in supporting teams comprised of Microsoft, Partner and customer resources who may be engaged in the delivery of complex solutions.
Experiences Required: Education, Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in an Enterprise environment with a strong understanding of corporate and public sector customer support needs.
- 5 years in Service organisation
- Coaching & mentorship skills
- Ability to manage large portfolio's or accounts.
- Strong communication skills across IT and business leadership
- Consistently demonstrates strong organizational, project/program management, change management, and problem-solving skills.
- Be a confident leader, able to orchestrate across multiple groups to ensure customers outcomes are met.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- ITIL Foundation Certificate preferred.
- A character that exemplifies Microsoft values including integrity, honesty, openness, personal excellence, constructive self-criticism, and mutual respect.