Kenya Airways, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
The ideal candidate will be tasked with ensuring the availability of all necessary maintenance documentation for the execution of checks, controls that all executed maintenance tasks are performed according to Kenya Airways (KQ) procedures and Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) requirements and evaluates the execution of the maintenance checks for technical planning and its management.
Key duties and responsibilities for this role will entail;
- Preparation of physical check packages for maintenance checks based on the initial plan and preparation of the Planning Engineer’s maintenance documentation, check them for completeness and avail them at the production areas (Base Maintenance, Line Maintenance & Workshops) on a timely basis.
- Consistently creating visibility and issuing work cards to production teams in all the areas.
- Controlling and ensuring that all maintenance tasks called out for are executed in conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards and local procedures as well as requirements of customer airlines.
- Evaluating, preparation and reporting accurately and on a timely basis the post – check data upon completion to relevant personnel for further analysis and re-planning as may be necessary.
- Ensure effective communication and reporting between technical planning & records and production to facilitate integrity, planning and control.
- Maintaining and controlling the information for acceptable deferred defects in the relevant systems.
- Diploma in Records management from a recognized tertiary institution
- Diploma in an engineering course from a recognized institution.
- At least 1year experience in Record Management preferably in Aircraft Documentation.
- Detailed knowledge of KCAA regulations and Kenya Airways documentation procedures
- Knowledge of the aircraft maintenance processes and documentation flow process during maintenance.
Desired Behavioural Competencies
- Ethics: Fair, but firm
- Influence: Team working, but minimum of formal meetings, commit
- Ownership: Responsible decision making by the individual, not by consensuses
- Growth: Committed to success
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The role’s purpose is to monitor, follow up and secure debts on account for the company while maintaining accurate debtor accounting records at the recommended ageing levels in order to facilitate a high level of cash flow in line with the company’s credit policy. This role requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the business in order to engage both internal and external customers on debt collection. The individual should be able to discern credit risk exposure that is inherent in the debt portfolio he or she manages.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
- Interface of all accounts receivable files into the financial accounting system (ERP) to reflect the correct position of accounts receivable.
- Ensure prompt and correct billing and subsequent dispatch to the right parties to aid in prompt payment to ensure and increase cash flow.
- Manage the outstanding sales balances falling due before becoming over due to confirm payment to ensure projected cash flow levels as per the company credit policy.
- Initiate proceedings against potential defaulters to safeguard the company against bad or doubtful debts.
- Ensure no unapproved credits are offered to mitigate the chances of loss from lack of payment.
- Provide the correct bank information to clients so as ensure funds are banked to the right account for receipting and subsequent allocation to the right debtors’ accounts.
- Prepare and dispatch of statements to ensure that clients are aware of the right level of debts owed.
- Reconciliation of the subsidiary company AR (Accounts Receivables) accounts to the general ledger accounts to match the AR in the general ledger accounts.
- Reconciliation of all the subsidiary company accounts with the holding company to ensure accuracy and correctness on the financial statements.
- Initiate adjustments/ refunds with Revenue Accounting to mitigate loss of funds through excessive refunds.
- Monitor the validity and adequacy bank guarantees /cash deposits against sales performance to minimize risk of exposure from bad debt.
- Risk assessment of the debtors and guarantors to establish their credit worth.
- Initiate placement of guarantees in the company’s custody.
- Initiate the appraisal process of prospective clients and stations for credit approval in order to extend credit facilities to be offered.
- Hold regular meetings with credit clients to resolve pending queries and disputes to maintain good working relations.
- Graduate Degree in an Accounting Field.
- CPA III.
- 5 years working experience in Finance.
- Negotiation skills, team player, Customer insight, honesty and Integrity, aggressiveness, results focus, analytical and communication skills, personal organization, resilient and reliable.
- Achievement Orientation. Wants to Do Job Well.
- Analytical Thinking. Sees basic relationships.
- Concern for Order & Quality. Checks own work.
- Flexibility. Rearrange Priorities.
- Interpersonal Understanding. Actively listens.
- Self-Control. Restrains Emotional Impulses.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) / email(s) below to apply on company website.