If you’re really serious about fast-tracking your career, you can’t just ‘do your job,’ you need to OWN your career. You need to be intentional and focused to get there. Remember, the major difference between those who succeed and those who fail is simple: Successful people in every field are action-oriented, while failures are talk-oriented.
Here are 8 Tips that will help you reach your desired career height in no time.
- Resolve to become a success: success= choice + hardwork. Set it as a goal, make plans and work on becoming better every day. Always remember that Attitude is Everything: discipline yourself in every aspect of your life. It affects your career as well.
- Master Your Craft: The better you are at your job, the more you will be paid. Commit to Your Career: invest time, money and energy to learn how to do your job very, very well. Read the best books in your field, take every course and seminar you can find that will help you. Listen to audio programs in your car or when you are busy. Always strive to exceed the expectations of your customers, your boss, of the people you serve.
- Get Specialized knowledge: This gives you leverage because it makes you worth more, and makes your contribution. Resolve to become an expert in your chosen field.
- Get the Job Done: If you develop a reputation for being the person who gets the job done fast, who consistently and predictable gets the results required, that alone can put you onto the fast track in your career
- Determine Your Priorities: You can't hit a target you can't see. Never stop striving until you get it. Develop the ability to set priorities and the ability to get the job done fast
- Guard Your Integrity As a Sacred Thing: Be honest, straightforward, and truthful in all your interactions with others.
- Concentrate on Results: Focus your mental and physical energies on getting the most important results in your job.
- Put People First in Everything: Look for ways to help your boss and others make their greatest contributions to the company.