What are the top job interview questions you should expect if you are applying for a job at Safaricom?
But most importantly, how do you answer these interview questions correctly so you increase your chance of passing the interview.
That is what this article is all about.
We curated the top Safaricom interview questions and provided the best answers to each of the questions.
- What skills are you bringing on board?
Often in an interview, you will be asked to separate yourself from other candidates who may be more qualified or may be less of a risk factor.
This question addresses your motivation in adding "true value” to the job. To answer this question, it is necessary to evaluate the job carefully, considering the limitation or weaknesses in the department and your unique abilities. Your ability here proves "I offer what you need and then some" could land you the position at Safaricom.
- Why do you think you are the most qualified candidate for this position?
As with all other questions, be confident and enthusiastic when you answer this. Don’t try to say you are the best qualified person, because you don't know the qualification of other applicants. Instead emphasize several reasons why you should be hired.
You can say something like this: "I’ve got extensive experience in (name the appropriate field) and I have the specific skills you are looking for. I am a fast learner who adapts quickly to change and will hit the ground running. I am dedicated and enthusiastic about helping Safaricom meet its goals, and will provide top quality results with minimal supervision. I am an outstanding performer who takes pride in my work. You won't have any regrets when you hire me."
- What is your greatest achievement?
This is a hypothetical question that allows the interviewer to identify key competencies deemed important by the employer. There is no right or wrong answer.
- What are your weaknesses and how have they affected your performance in the past? Be careful with this one. One consultant advised to answer this question with a positive trait disguised as a weakness. For example: "I expect others to work as hard as I do" or "I am a bit of perfectionist". Many interviewers have heard these particular scanned answers. To stand out, be more original and state a true weakness, but emphasis on what you have done to overcome it. For example, I've had trouble delegating duties to others because I felt I could do things better myself. This has backfired in the past because I would end with more than I could handle and the quality of my work would suffer; but I have taken courses on time management and learned effective delegation techniques. I feel I have overcome it"
- Tell us about Safaricom Limited?
This question is one reason you should do research on the organization before the interview. Find out where they have been and where they are going. What are their major issues and who are their major player. A wide variety of activities can be mentioned as positive self-improvement. Have some good ones handy to mention.
- What are your career expectations beyond this job at Safaricom Limited?
The interviewer wants to hear something related to the position you are applying for and not "I want to win the academy award." The key is to focus on your achievable objectives and what you are doing to reach those objectives.
- What is one outstanding thing that you have done that should make us hire you?
Choose one example from your past that was important to you and helped the company you worked for. Give example of what you did, how you did it and what the results were. Try to pick an accomplishment that relates to the position for which you are applying. Employers like to hear about accomplishment that reduced expenses, raised revenue, solved problems or enhanced a company's reputation.
- What is your salary expectation?
Answering the salary expectations question the wrong way can cost you a job offer. It is a nasty little game that you will probably lose if you answer it first. So, do not answer it. Instead say something like: "That’s a tough question, can you tell me the range for this position? In most cases, the interviewer take off guard will tell you. If not, say that it can depend on the details of the job. Then give a wide range.
- What motivates you? This is a personal trait that only you can say, but good examples are: new challenges, achievement, recognition, meeting deadlines, learning new things, coming up with creative ideas to improve a task or projects.
- Tell us about yourself?
It seems like an easy interview question. It's open ended. You can talk about whatever you want from birth. Right?
Wrong. What the hiring manager really wants to know is a quick two-three minutes snapshot of who you are and why you are the best candidates for this position.
So as you answer this question, talk about what you've done to prepare yourself to be the very best candidate for the position. Use an example or two back it up. Than ask the recruiter if they would like more details. If they do, keep giving them example after example of your background and experience.
"Tell us about yourself" does not mean tell me everything, just tell us what makes you the best for this position.
- How do you manage your time?
Time management skills are essential for creating a productive workplace. Recruiters ask “How do you manage your time?” or “How do you prioritize tasks?” to see the ways potential hires handle their workloads. To answer this, mention techniques you have used to increase productivity. For example, to-do lists and scheduling methods are ways workers can focus on tasks. Instead of just listing tactics, you should base you answers on real situations in which responsibilities were effectively completed
Getting a job with Safaricom is not as difficult as most people think. Just as with any other type of job interview, the key to success is to prepare.
Now over to you. Have you attended any Safaricom job interview? What was it like? We love to hear from you in the comment.
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime