The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) was established in 1978 as the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
Information Systems Auditor
Job Ref: ICPAK 003/2018
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in Kenya to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Information Systems Auditor shall monitor the Institutes’ ICT infrastructure and identify areas of internal control weaknesses and areas of non- compliance within the Institute procedures and provide sound and practical recommendations to management.
Duties And Responsibilities:
The Information Systems Auditor shall report to the Senior Officer, Internal Audit and Risk and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform detailed evaluation of internal control and audit reviews of computer information systems and infrastructure.
- Perform assessments of all new and existing systems (including peripheral/interfaced applications).
- Preparing audits reports which clearly communicates audit findings and recommendations.
- Reviewing new applications systems development acquisitions or major changes to existing systems i.e. analysis, design and identified inherent risks.
- Reviewing data and network security e.g. access controls, systems back-ups, segregation of duties, etc.
- Reviewing documentation/procedures such as Service level agreements, IT contracts, DRP, programs and ICT policy.
- Reviewing software and hardware support and maintenance.
- Participating in Audit assignments which will include IT, plus tasks assigned to other areas.
- Provide advice in resolving information security incidents.
- Quality assurance to ensure that all work delivered, including working papers, both meet the standards required as well as support the audit findings, recommendations and conclusions.
- Ensure follow up on implementation of agreed audit recommendations tracked using Teammate Audit Management System.
- Performs any other related duties as may be assigned;
Qualifications and Experience
- 2 – 3 years external audit work experience specializing in Information Systems audit from a reputable audit firm or extensive experience in Information Systems audit within an internal audit function;
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business-related field;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), OR Certified Public Accountant (CPA Part II) will be an added advantage.
Key Competencies and Personal attributes
- Good understanding of the concept of risk and risk assessment;
- Knowledge and experience in the use of CAAT’s.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to perform control reviews on systems development, operation, programming, control, and security procedures and standards.
- Ability to review system backup, disaster recovery and maintenance procedures.
- Knowledge of software requirements for the auditing of computing systems and procedures.
- Demonstrable working knowledge and experience in an ERP environment.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email their application letter accompanied with a detailed CV in PDF format clearly indicating their current and expected salary to the following email address:
Applications should be received on or before close of business on Wednesday 14th March 2018.