If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Laboratory Services Supervisor
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
To analyse experimental and production support samples – foliar, soil and water. To carry out research on new analytical methods and general scientific inquiry while ensuring quality assurance and Hygiene in the Laboratory.
- In charge of all chemical/biochemical analysis in the laboratory - soil, foliar, water, black tea chemical analysis
- In charge of maintenance of the laboratory analytical machines – ICP, AAS, spectrophotometer (Flame and UV)
- Responsible for providing mini/micro -manufacturing of black tea to support various R&D projects
- Implement Safety, Health, Environment and Quality (SHEQ) policies in the laboratories and within experimental sites
- Coordinate sampling, sample preparation, coding, analysis, and archiving reference sample material
- In Charge of laboratory quality control – responsible for preparation/acquisition of appropriate chemical standards of reagents
- Responsible for calibration of analysts and analytical methods
- Collate laboratory and other research data analysis and prepare reports
- Collaborate with the Research & Development (R&D) agronomist in designing and analysis of Tea nutrition trials
- In charge of updating and archiving laboratory database
- Coordinate laboratory equipment calibration and maintenance
- Coordinate the participation in international & local ring tests to maintain standards and for benchmarking
- Research and report on new analytical methods and equipment
- Prepare relevant data for annual laboratory budget preparation
- Train and supervise laboratory analysts and research assistants
- Degree in Analytical Chemistry or equivalent from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Over 5 years of experience in a research laboratory.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.