If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Be part of the world’s most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We promote innovation, big and small, to make our business win and grow; and we believe in business as a force for good. Unleash your curiosity, challenge ideas and disrupt processes; use your energy to make this happen. Our brilliant business leaders and colleagues provide mentorship and inspiration, so you can be at your best. Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry’s, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica.
Bcs-Assistant Marketing Manager East Africa
Your Main Responsibilities: -
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the brand including the consumers, competitors and retail environments within the East Africa to identify the JTBD and key growth initiatives.
- Continuously understand ongoing business performance using key diagnostics of share and growth trends, key initiatives, competitive activity and return on marketing investment.
- Responsible for management and analysis of the Brand Promotional plans across all channels.
- Responsible for delivery of penetration KPIs and TO growth including analysis and tracking of all penetration driving activities and optimizing the plan accordingly for improvement.
- Lead 2019 innovation projects and ensure perfect execution
- Ownership of budget monitoring and payment processes.
- Ownership of the East Africa brand plans and performance.
- Ownership of ecommerce, digital and PR activities.
- Team lead, ownership, and tracking of Net Revenue Management activities across the category.
- Leading the growth of our digital platforms with an entrepreneurial mindset to drive digital as a key platform in 2019
- All operation activities such as artworks, payments, meeting and workshop management and coordinating team work activities.
- He/ She is also fully responsible for marketing operation work and thereby supporting Africa Marketing Director to co-ordinate activities in the region.
Skills, experience and qualifications: -
- Entrepreneurial mind-set! You want to have your own company a couple of years from now! But hack, let’s do this first!
- Proven ability to work with a multi-cultural, multi-country team
- Proven track-record of managing a marketing budget. You spend what you need to deliver and not a cent more! You are part of the team that owns the total P&L. Every cent saved, is a cent earned.
- You have a strong preference for working-media over non-working media.
- Strong business acumen and organisational awareness. This means, you know what is going on around you at all times. You see BS coming from a mile away.
- Relevant experience with managing agency relationships because we will not hire a dedicated team to do that for you. Sorry.
- Strong understanding of media buying or willing to quickly learn all ins-and-outs (we have no intent of hiring a separate media manager either, nor a CMI manager for that matter, we mean it when we say “end-to-end”). Obviously, you do not need to do the media buying yourself, but you need to be able to determine fact from fiction when your media buying agency is trying to sell you more than what you really need.
- Track record of deploying EFFECTIVE communication assets across all media channels. We want to touch the hearts and minds of our consumers, and we want them to buy our products. That is where you come in. You will be our consumer advocate and marketing rock star!
Your Personal Power!
At BCS we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.