If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma - With already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents is currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets in Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Assistant Property Manager
Duma Works is recruiting an Assistant Property Manager for one of our clients; a professional real estate services firm in Nairobi.
Ref No 3397
Basic purpose and overview of the job:
Management of designated properties in an effective, efficient and profitable way, to the highest professional standards.
Ensuring the collection of the due rents, service charges and any other payments as due under the leases and tenancy agreements in a timely and effective manner. Tasks include:
- Ensuring that the rent debit statements generated from Accounts department are correct and are delivered to the tenants in a timely manner.
- Subsequent monitoring and following up to ensure that the payments are made as due.
- Taking appropriate, timely and firm action in the event of default in payments, or risk thereof, by tenants.
Ensuring the proper rendering of services on the properties including:
- Garbage collection
- Ensuring competitive and cost effective service providers or staff are deployed for the services.
- Suitable service contracts or agreements are in place.
- The services are rendered in the best manner possible, through regular monitoring, inspection and liaison meetings and communications with the service providers.
- Invoices submitted for payment for the services are correct and consistent with the service contracts, and are then paid in a timely manner.
Maintenance and Repairs:
- Ensure that the property structure, components, systems and equipment are kept in a good state of repair and decoration including:
- Structures and finishes
- Roof and gutter structures and components
- Electrical systems and components
- Plumbing systems and components
- Sewerage systems and components
- Fire fighting systems and equipment
- Standby Generators
- Furniture and equipment
- Telephone and other communication systems and components
- TV systems
- Qualification of a BA in Land Economics or Bachelors in Real Estate
- Ability to arrange and execute work schedules, functions and tasks in an organized way to achieve the required objectives.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with the different people and entities including other staff, landlords, tenants, service providers and maintenance contractors, to achieve the job objectives, maintain good working relationships and develop goodwill.
- Direction and supervision of the property staff, and other personnel involved in the management of the property.
- Professional diligence, care and attention to detail
Method of Application
To apply online click here or send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “3397”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 3397 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 06 July 2018
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with you application.