If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a marketing-focused resulted oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide quality family planning and reproductive health services in more than 43 countries world-wide. Marie Stopes Kenya (MSK) is a non-profit social business, working with local partners and the government of Kenya to provide quality, affordable and accessible Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services.
The care assistant position in Marie Stopes Kenya is uniquely tailored to meet the demands that are specific to our organization. Our core activities are provision of high quality, safe sexual and reproductive health services.
As such the holder of this position may require taking up responsibilities beyond the hospital setup care/nursing assistant role. The holder of the position is required to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in matters relating to the organisation and its clients.
Strategic Purpose of the Programme Operations Unit: to ensure excellent delivery all MSK outreach Programme activities and the development and funding of new work.
To provide care to clients under guidance of the nurse, clinical officer and the Centre Manager/Team Leader
- Prepares and serves refreshments for staff and clients at agreed times or as directed by the team leader.
- Provides clients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding clients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning clients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- To support clients through the provision of vocal local techniques during procedures.
- To conduct reception area activities
- To conduct centre clerical tasks
- To conduct daily data entry tasks
- To provide other services that seek to promote the image of MSK
- Ensures cleanliness of the entire facility by cleaning as instructed by the team leader or other supervisors
- Follows all aspects of the infection prevention protocol and assist in Infection Prevention activities as directed by the Team Leader
- Ensure that theatre and bed linen is clean, pressed and available at all times.
- Keeps the kitchen clean and neatly arranged ensuring that utensils and cutlery are accounted for and hygienically kept.
- Runs errands as requested by the Centre Manager, such as banking daily income and buying items from petty cash, and provides the required receipts.
- Support the Centre team members by assisting to sterilize equipment and assist in the procedures as requested by service providers
- To abide by all MSK policies and procedure in the performance of duties
- Maintains work operations by following standard operating procedures and policies.
- Protects organization's values by keeping patient information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities which include attending CMEs
- Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum ‘O’ Level qualification
- Tertiary qualification in business studies, nurse aide, customer care, front office management, or similar will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 1 year post training working experience.
- Knowledge of Computer is a MUST.
- High regard for confidentiality
- Good communicator – written and oral
- High regard for client care
- Self confident
- Ability to be calm under pressure
- Very comfortable with team work
- Ability to work flexibly to meet service needs.
- Attitude / Motivation: Successful performance at MSK is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are 13 key behaviours that MSK encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment:Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Team Player:Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
Method of Application
Applications quoting the position title with a detailed CV, contact details of 3 referees including their email addresses (1 of which should be your immediate supervisor, 1 former supervisor and 1 any other but not a relative) should be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before July 25, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.