If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Red Cross Society is one of the largest humanitarian organizations in Kenya. Our mission is to timely, effectively and innovatively deliver humanitarian services with respect, in solidarity and accountability to our stakeholders, our communities and affected populations.
The Society is looking for a qualified person to fill the following positions:
Data Team Leader
Reporting to: Head of Research, Knowledge and Learning
The Data Team Leader will lead the data team members in implementing data related programmes and projects. The data team lead will ensure that the team is adequately sourced with volunteers, students and staff to accomplish its goal and is responsible for the daily management of the team. This person also actively participates and contributes to the data projects
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Team Leadership
- Lead and manage a cohesive, multi-disciplinary team of staff, graduates, students and volunteer data experts. Recruit and guide new volunteers, graduates and trainees when needed.
- Motivating the team, getting the best out of everyone.
- Evaluate progress with each team member on a regular basis, and organize a team retreat twice a year.
- Identify humanitarian challenges and opportunities in Kenya and the region by engaging with internal and external stakeholders in meetings and working groups on data.
- Technical Project Management
- Provide technical leadership for the data programmes and projects.
- Proactively informing clients about the status of their projects.
- Contribute to data programmes and projects where your own technical skills and competencies are of value.
- Perform and oversee administrative tasks, such as handling invoices and contract handling.
- Stakeholder Management
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders for whom we are implementing projects.
- Promote team achievements, both internally and externally, by co-writing blog posts and a newsletter, publishing on social media and reaching out to our partners in person.
- Support with writing proposals for donors or other parties who wish to collaborate with us.
- Identify project activities for which support from the wider network of data- and information specialists in the Red Cross is needed, and organize the support for them.
- A University degree in preferably science, technology, engineering or mathematics (e.g. computer science, econometrics, artificial intelligence, (applied) mathematics, (applied) physics, astronomy, technology management, or GIS).
- Track record showing the capacity to use data to improve processes, operations and decision-making.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a project management role.
- Demonstrable interest in humanitarian aid.
- Experience in bridging the gap between end users in an organization and a team of technical experts from different disciplines.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor.
- Experience in building and managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Experience in developing and leading a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Tact, discretion, and the ability to work harmoniously in a team.
- Demonstrable experience in project management and in the development of project proposals.
- Excellent command of English language (written and verbally).
- Work experience in an international development or humanitarian setting.
- In-depth experience in any of the following subject matters: data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, data literacy, GIS or programming.
- Committed to customer excellence.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Strong listening and feedback skills.
- Being able to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbally).
- Being trustworthy.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their applications clearly marked with the reference number to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed as below on or before 27th July 2018.
The Secretary General
Kenya Red Cross Society
P.O. Box 40712-00100
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Job disclaimer and notification:
Kenya Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge / accept any amount or security deposit from job seekers during the selection process or while inviting candidates for an interview.