If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is one of the leading research centres in Africa. The Programme engages in a wide range of research on the main causes of ill health in Africa.The Bioscience department, KWTRP is seeking to appoint a postdoctoral researcher to work in the Next Generation
Early Post-Doctoral Immunologist
Category: Education and Training
We are now seeking to appoint a biomedical postdoctoral researcher to work in the biosciences department in this position which is supported by “Making a Difference Project” funding under the Tackling Infection to Benefit Africa (TIBA) network aims to identify malaria parasite proteins that are targets for immunity using monoclonal antibodies as probing tool and to assess the suitability of the identified proteins for inclusion in a malaria vaccine. The candidate will work with head of Training Department are the Principal Investigators of the project.
- Generate monoclonal antibodies from people have been identified as being immune to malaria parasites
- Run various functional invitro assays using the monoclonal antibodies to identify their cognate malaria parasite protein targets.
- Support in the supervision and mentoring of students and research assistants work in the TIBA-MAD project.
- Support the PIs in coordinating the TIBA-MAD project.
- Doctoral research degree in biomedical science or other relevant subjects.
- Proven record of laboratory- based research including running immunological assays and molecular biology techniques
- Working experience in data analysis and use of statistical analysis software such as R
- Experience in monoclonal antibody generation and malaria immunology assays will be an added advantage.
- Keen interest in research
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills,
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Team working skills with the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.