If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Akili Dada is an international, award-winning leadership incubator that has for the last 13 years cultivated transformative leadership in a generation of young African women. We apply a holistic approach to educating and cultivating leadership in adolescent girls and young women, ages 13 – 30 from underserved backgrounds, employing four key strategies to nurture growth and meaningful impact: financial investment, leadership development, feminist movement building, advocacy, and mentorship. By selecting from and building the capacity of some of Africa’s most innovative young women, we are meeting the urgent need for more African women in leadership as well as the overarching need for creative and empathetic leadership that holds justice at its core. You can read more about our work here and here.
Akili Dada has recently adopted its Strategic Plan for the period 2018 to 2022 and is seeking to recruit additional members to its Board of Directors to guide the institution as it implements this new strategy.
Call for Akili Dada Board Members
Akili Dada has a governance board whose key roles are;
- The protection of stakeholders interests by seeking to ensure that Akili Dada strategic direction provides value for its various stakeholders
- Establishing goals for management and monitoring the achievement of organizational goals;
- Appointing and/or replacing the Executive Director and other senior Staff
- Authorizing policies and overseeing the strategic implementation of these policies
- Seeking to ensure that Akili Dada’s internal control and reporting procedures are adequate, effective and ethical and that the organizations strategic direction provides value for its stakeholders.
- In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our Board members are active advocates and ambassadors for Akili Dada and are fully engaged in supporting the Organization to advance its mission.
We are seeking board members with the following attributes:-
- Respected East African women aged between 25 and 35 years.
- A passion for girls and young women
- Aligned in thinking with the Akili Dada’s vision and mission to nurture transformative leadership in girls and young women from underserved backgrounds to meet the urgent need for more African Women in Leadership
- With strong Advocacy experience or skills in either Project Monitoring and Evaluation, Institutional Capacity Building, Finance/Accounting/Investment, Public Relations and Communications, Resource Mobilisation.
- With experience that spans the development, public and private sectors.
- With strong relationship building skills.
- Well networked across the region and globally.
- With sufficient time to invest in the Board Member role utmost 10 days a year
The appointment will be effective from 1 December 2018 for a 3-year tenure renewed once upon the satisfactory performance as concluded from the annual Board performance reviews.
Terms and conditions will be discussed with the successful candidates.
Method of Application
Should you be interested in the position, kindly forward your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org