If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries and at more than 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of EGPAF and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
Duration: 6 months (Nov 2018-Mar 2019)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Through support from USAID, AIDSFree will provide technical assistance (TA) to Turkana and Homa Bay counties in Kenya to implement an activity for proactive follow-up of mother-baby pairs in the community through Community Focal Mothers (CFMs). This model will utilize existing community health structures at the community level to identify Community Focal Mothers who will enrol mother baby pairs and proactively follow them up monthly at home with messages on the importance of keeping their clinic appointments as per the Child Road to Health follow-up schedule.
Reporting to the project manager, the Field Officer will work closely with county, sub county, health facility and community stakeholders to ensure successful delivery of MBP project. He/she will;
- Ensure successful identification and mobilization of pregnant women to access ANC services as well as identification, enrolment and follow up of mother baby pairs for improved retention.
- Responsible for development and implementation of activity work plans and budgets for their supported regions including reporting and accounting for the same.
- Ensure routine monitoring and evaluation including baseline data collection, review meetings, identification of lessons learnt, documentation and dissemination of findings.
- Work collaboratively with Timiza90 Project and any other implementing agency supporting community MNCH and PMTCT activities to ensure integration and seamless programming.
Responsible for preparation and submission of monthly reports for all activities planned as per the monthly reporting template
- A Diploma in in Social Sciences or Health. A degree will be an added advantage.
- Experience with working with the Ministry of health, community stakeholders and county administration.
- Relevant experience in coordinating/implementing social mobilization and demand creation activities in vast communities especially on MNCH and PMTCT services
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Significant HIV/AIDS knowledge and related experience.
- Good interpersonal, Mentorship and communication skills.
- Able to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize competing activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Proficient Computer skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms Power Point).
- 3 years’ experience in a role which reflects the above requirements
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.