If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Office of the Controller of Budget (OCOB) is a Constitutional Office established under Article 228 of the Constitution of Kenya to oversee and report on the implementation of the budgets of the National and County Governments to each House of Parliament every four months.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant positions
This position is responsible for provision of clerical services. An officer at this level will be deployed in any department to carry out simple duties of clerical nature relating to the area of deployment.
Customer Care Officer
Reporting to the Public Relations & Communications Officer, the officer will be responsible for the provision of front office guidance and assistance to both internal and external customers.
- Provide front office services to external and internal staff by provision of quick response to their queries as the first line of contact and strive for a customer friendly environment
- Direct and guide external customers who seek services from the Office of Controller of Budget to appropriate officers and seek feedback on the level of service they have received
- Provide general administrative support and routine typing services to the Public Relations and Communications department
- Update staff contacts and telephone extension list as necessary to facilitate smooth inflow of information amongst the Office of Controller of Budget staff and external stakeholders
- Receive and process follow up information about previous requests and reports and monitor this trend with regards to the Office and inform the Public Relations and Communication Officer for action
- Ensure the reception is fully stocked with Office of the Controller of Budget information education materials and prompt visitors to familiarize themselves as they wait for service delivery
- Manage the notice board, receive loose memos and pin on the notice board for the attention of all stakeholders in the Office of Controller of Budget
- Diploma in Public Relations or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Must have KCSE Mean Grade C Plain with grade C Plain in English and Kiswahili
- Must have at least 1 year relevant work experience
Required Skills & Personal Attributes
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Kiswahili
- Team player
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
- Computer literacy
Terms and Conditions of Service
Successful candidates for the above positions will be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms of service and will be offered a competitive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Qualified interested candidates should submit their applications quoting the job title on both the envelope and the cover letter.
Enclose detailed and up-to-date curriculum vitae, indicating your current remuneration, Home County, e-mail address and reliable daytime telephone contacts, together with copies of your certificates, testimonials and national identity card. You should also provide the names of two referees who must be familiar with your previous work/academic experience indicating their telephone, postal and email addresses. Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application.
- Candidates shortlisted for interviews for the above positions will be required to submit the following;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Applications should be sent by post or hand delivered to our Office addressed to:
The Controller of Budget Bima House
P.O Box 35616-00100 Nairobi
So as to reach the Office of the Controller of Budget NOT LATER THAN 18TH DECEMBER, 2018 at 5.00PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Office of the Controller of Budget is an equal opportunity employer.