If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Export Processing Zones Authority is a State Corporation established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament – the Export Processing Zones Act (Cap 517 of the Laws of Kenya) for the promotion and facilitation of export oriented investment and for the development of an enabling environment for such investments.
Pursuant to this objective, the Authority is seeking to recruit highly motivated visionary, dynamic and results oriented candidates to fill the undermentioned positions:
Manager, Supply Chain
Location / Work station: Headquarters with possible travels to the regional offices
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct reports: Assistant Manager Supply Chain,
Principal Supply Chain Officer, Senior Supply Chain Officer, Supply Chain Officer, Senior Supply Chain Assistants/Supply Chain Assistant
Responsible for developing and consolidating strategic procurement plans and ensuring efficient utilization of funds as per the requirements of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act and Regulations.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop the Department’s Work plan and budget;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual departmental and statutory reports
- Develop the draft procurement plan of the Authority
- Oversee the execution of the Authority’s approved procurement plan
- Prepare draft Board management papers for approval
- Mentor and coach departmental staf
- Coordinate performance management in the department
- Provide advisory services to the CEO, Board and Heads of Departments on
Procurement related issues
- Participate in the determining staffing requirements and recruitment of staff for the department
- Chair departmental meetings
- Determine the training and development needs in the Department
- Identify procurement needs of the Department
- Participate in committees meetings as appropriate
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Coordinate the development and implementation of procurement plans and budgets outlining key activities to be undertaken, resource requirements, performance measures and indicators as well as expected outcomes
- Determine Procurement management information system requirements for monitoring, tracking and controlling operating costs as well as maintaining up-todate inventory of goods and services
- Coordinate the development of detailed tender specifications and performance standards to facilitate procurement of capital equipment, goods and services in strict compliance to both government and donor procedures and regulations
- Coordinate and participate in procurement negotiations with suppliers and vendors to consider tender applications against approved technical specifications and with due regard to market price, cost, quality and speed of delivery as well as economy of operations
- Coordinate cost-efective disposal of obsolete machinery, equipment, furniture and other salvage goods in accordance with government and donor supplies policies and procedure
- Ensure efective Procurement management including driving optimal and cost efective supply of goods and services in the organization;
- Develop procedures and manuals to guide procurement process in the Authority.
- Participate in the development of procurement and contracting requirements;
- Continuously monitor requisitions to ensure that proper procedures are followed and policies enforced;
- Develop Market survey strategies
- Carry out induction for interns and young professionals
- Act as Secretary to the management Tender Committee.
- Development of the Department’s Work plan and budget
- Cost efective utilization of funds in procuring goods and services
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the Authority
- Responsible for the security and storage of stores
- Makes strategic financial and operational decisions for the section
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Works predominantly in an office or comfortable environment.
- The working conditions can be stressful due to issuing of reports that may contain unfavourable decisions.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills)
- Master’s in Procurement, Supplies, Logistics, Business Administration or Business Management, Strategic Management or any other relevant equivalent disciplines from a recognized Institution
- Bachelors degree in Procurement, Supplies, Logistics, Business Administration or Business Management, Commerce, Social Sciences and Strategic Management or any other relevant equivalent disciplines
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Professional/Graduate Diploma from Institute of Purchasing and Supply (UK) or certified Procurement Supply Professional Kenya (CPSP-K) Part IV Final or its accepted equivalent from a recognized professional body
- Leadership Course lasting not less than 6 weeks
- Certificate in Computer Proficiency
- Member of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM) or relevant professional body
- Meets the provision of chapter Six of the constitution
Previous relevant work experience required
- Have nine (9) years’ experience with three (3) years served in the position of Assistant Manager, Supply Chain Management
Functional skills Behavioural competencies/ Attributes
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Capacity building and coaching skills
- Public speaking & PR skills
- Computer/ICT skills
- Knowledge of Laws and regulations affecting Public Procurement and Asset Disposal
- Leadership and Organizational skills
- Ability to drive change and innovation
- Human relations & interpersonal skills
- Team building and motivational skills
- Negotiating, facilitating and influencing skills
- High level of integrity
Method of Application
Candidates interested in these positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, those applying for positions listed above must obtain and submit with their application, recent copies of the following;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics & Anti-corruption Authority (EACC)
- Clearance from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates should apply in confidence using the Job Application Form indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching copies of certificates, relevant testimonial, National ID and requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
All applications should be sent online in pdf format and should be received not later than 23rd December, 2018 at midnight East Africa Time.
Export Processing Zones Authority is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.