If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
KidsCare is a Kenyan organization which was established in 2010 as an NGO, and was later changed into a Trust in 2012. Since 2012, KidsCare has blossomed into a well-functioning and dedicated organization powered by the extreme drive of all parties involved. The organization currently consists of 28 hardworking and dedicated individuals, who work tirelessly to help children who are in dire need of help.
KidsCare Kenya believes that every child deserves the right to a build on their future and develop the talents they have been born with. Therefore, together with our specialized partners, and in line with government policies we are dedicated to ensure that this basic right is being achieved.
Our service center is located in Mshiu, LungaLunga Sub-County. The service center is a unique facility in its area, being made up of offices, a large conference room, meeting rooms, guesthouse, big in-and outside kitchen, a therapy room and a 10-acre model farm. This enables us to offer a wide range of services to the neighborhood, what is a unique concept in the Sub-County. Earnings of the facility are used for our child supporting programs.
Facility Operations Assistant
Reporting to: The Facility Manager
Place within the organization
- endorses the mission and vision of KidsCare Kenya;
- is a member of the team of KidsCare Kenya;
- is assisting the Facility Manager
- is assisting in coordinating the maintenance of the whole compound, the buildings and the inventories
The tasks from the Facility Operations Assistant include giving operational assistance to the wide part of the business operations/administrations for all facility operations. This includes:
- All conference halls and training rooms and catering services
- House Keeping and Laundry services as well as cleanliness of the public areas
- Kitchen & House Keeping Stores and inventories Management
- Kitchen Garden activities
- Maintenance of the whole compound, and all the KidsCare buildings, Borehole & Generator
- Is assisting in General Kitchen Management including food production and Service
- Acting on behalf of the Facility Manager in her absence.
Mentioned are the following tasks:
- assists the Facility Manager and her facility team in the day-to-day doing of their KidsCare operational activities;
- assists to realize the operational facility activities in line with the yearly made activity plan and in good cooperation with the facility team members;
- Assist in organizing the maintenance of the compound, buildings and inventories and other matters.
- Assist in monitoring, controlling and managing the Facility work processes/operations to meet the customer expectations and company goals
- Assist to make and follow standard operating procedures for efficient catering and Housekeeping operations;
- identify problems in operations process and resolve them in quickly and timely manner;
- Assist in maintaining clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purpose.
- customer care for Conference and facility services
- Kitchen and Housekeeping stores
- conference- and training rooms
- maintenance of the buildings and inventories
- assists the Facility Manager with the finance and HR administrations at the facility Departmental Level
- Do the planning and controlling the (yearly, quarterly and weekly) action plans of facility department
Job profile and competences
- Diploma in Hospitality management, Catering course, or Food production
- Pro-active, open minded, understanding, well-structured;
- Has good leadership skills;
- Has good interpersonal skills to build relations with customers and colleagues;
- Is motivated to work in a non-profit organization and in a team that benefits vulnerable children;
- Will embrace the KidsCare values.
- better world
- Salary scale: Up to 15,000 Kenyan Shillings Gross
- Training opportunities
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their letter and Curriculum to email@example.com