If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Centre for Health Solutions – Kenya (CHS) is an indigenous, not-for-profit organisation that utilises local expertise and strategic partnerships to ensure the implementation of evidence-informed solutions and interventions to address existing and emerging public health concerns.
CHS is currently sourcing for a high calibre, self-motivated and dynamic individual to fill the below position:
The Laboratory Technologists responsible for coordinating laboratory activities required for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment services
- Perform laboratory activities required for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment programs, including baseline and follow up laboratory investigations are carried out.
- Conduct laboratory testing procedures as per the required SOPs
- Correlate clinical information and/or previous lab results and report discrepancies to supervisors and other appropriate personnel.
- Collect and direct the collection of specimens with rigid attention to proper patient identification, priority status and hospital and laboratory and laboratory safety and infection control policies for clinical testing
- Interpret test results and documents appropriately
- Write and update laboratory procedures as required.
- Set up, clean and maintain laboratory equipment, including carrying out daily temperature checks
- Develop, standardise, evaluate, and modify procedures, techniques and tests used in the analysis of specimens and in medical laboratory experiments.
- Preserve and protect patient and client confidentiality in all situations and with all documentation.
- Follow protocol for running and documenting control values
- Collect, evaluate, and report quality management data in order to monitor and improve laboratory performance.
- Do reagent quantification, forecasting and timely reporting
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations including infection control policies and protocols.
- Correctly disposes of bio-hazardous materials, labelling and handling of all materials.
- Provide technical information about test results to care manager, clinical officers and patients.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the supervisor
For appointment to the post of Laboratory Technologist, a candidate must;
- Have a diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Valid License from the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB)
- At least 2 years working experience in a laboratory
- Knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety practices
- Experience working with MOH/County systems and personnel, donor funded projects is an added advantage
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy
- Should be self-motivated
- Should have good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Successful candidates will be supervised by their respective hospital/facility health management team (HMT) from the Ministry of Health in conjunction with the CHS Program team.
Method of Application
Applications should include the following
- Cover letter and current CV with names and telephone contacts of at least 3 referees
- Copies of academic and professional certificates
- Photocopy of ID
- Testimonials/ Recommendation
Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria are invited to email their applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, January 18, 2019. Centre for Health Solutions-Kenya is an Equal Opportunity Employer Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.