The Kenya Adolescent and Youth Sexual Reproductive and Health Rights (KAYSRHR) Network grew out of an alliance of SRHR organizations convened by Organization of African Youth, founded in 2017.
The KAYSRHR Network brings together youth-focused organizations around a shared goal of improved youth SRHR. But the network understands that it cannot achieve this goal alone or act as an umbrella for every actor in the SRHR space.
It takes collaboration and partnership with a diverse range of other actors and stakeholders.
Mission: To advocate for sexual and reproductive health and rights for Kenyan adolescents and young people.
Vision: Healthy lives, empowered youth.
Work Station: Nairobi County with support supervision for Narok, Homabay and Kilifi counties
Job Purpose: Implementation of Reproductive Health Education Project. Alongside supporting the implementation of the project, the coordinator will assist in conception of the project’s delivery model and perform other related administrative duties, develop key tools, and techniques as essential for the project’s implementation.
Contract period: 3 years- renewable annually subject to performance and funding
The Job Summary: KAYSRHR Networking is seeking for a Programs Coordinator in the field of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights with a bias on Reproductive Health Education.
- The Coordinator will work closely with the host of the Network, Organization of Africa Youth (OAY).
- The project entails County level advocacy for Reproductive Health Education with some components at the National level.
- The Coordinator is also expected to resource mobilize further for the network and increase its strategic positioning.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop comprehensive operational plans for the project
- Network with other project partners to create synergies in the counties of operation
- Support county Focal Persons in implementation.
- Develop a clear working mechanisms for influencers especially County First ladies and Women Representatives in the counties of operation
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for the project advocates
- Provide mentorship to KAYSRHR Network members and key county stakeholders.
- Produce and disseminate project learning documents/success stories
- Ensure effective project resources (both financial and materials) utilization
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of University Degree in Public Health, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field
- Experience in SRHR and Reproductive Health Education, especially working with young people and decision makers
- Understand the local and regional advocacy spaces
- At least 5 years of relevant working experience preferably in the country
- Experienced in programme management,including implementation and elements of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience of working with a network/coalition of local organizations, and county
- Demonstrated experience in resource mobilization
- Excellent communication skills(oral and written) in English and Swahili
- Competency in Computer Applications and Social Media
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Below 35 years of age.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit an application letter with current detailed CV maximum 4 pages indicating 3 references.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title by Tuesday 15th January, 2019, 5pm Kenyan