World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the position:
- To provide programmatic and technical management in successful implementation of MNCP grant aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within the project area.
- To effectively communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Project Management 40%
- Ensure project activities and implemented as per project budget, scope and schedule
- In liaison with project accountant initiate monthly review of project work plans and budgets to ensure project in on track
- In liaison with project accountant ensure project costs are charged and reported in time
- Ensure project implementation is within ±10% every month
- Lead the development of tools to ensure project implementation is on track among them: Detailed Implementation plan, and work plans
- Provide leadership to staff for delivery of results
- Ensure quality, reporting and documentation of the results
- Provide leadership on planning and implementation of the nutrition grant project
- Ensure that nutrition interventions are integrated with other projects in the programme
- Ensure effective integration of gender, child protection, disability, Christian commitment and advocacy into nutrition grant
Design Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation 25%
- Lead the development of the design and ensure compliance to WVK,
- GoK and donor guidelines and standards
- Contextualize/adopt design guidelines and utilize at the Project/ADP level
- Ensure timely mobilization and effective communication with
- communities and stakeholders during baselines and evaluations
- Ensure integration of sustainability planning in the project design
- Ensure timely development and submission of quality reports (weekly to biweekly sitreps, monthly management reports, Semi-annual Annual in line with WV/donor reporting guidelines.
- Liaise with National Office Technical Specialists for the technical aspects of the project design
- Ensure monthly monitoring of project indicators and facilitate regular reflections on monitoring practice to make improvements
- Ensure monthly updating of project outputs in reporting systems: Horizon, community management of acute malnutrition (CMAM) and Health Information System(DHIS)
- Contribute to evaluation planning, support data collection, analysis and interpretation of nutrition data
- Facilitate dissemination and use assessments and evaluations findings and lead the implementation of recommendations
- Analyze and utilize nutrition data from MOH Health Information and CMAM and Systems take appropriate programming decisions
- Coordinate surveys and assessments conducted within the project area
- In collaboration with project team identify, document and disseminate promising practices on nutrition within the grant
- Convene forums for sharing and learning while involving project stakeholders.
- Support Ministry of Health monitoring and evaluation systems
Capacity Building 10%
- Identification and sharing of capacity building gaps among nutrition
- project staff and partners Lead the capacity building initiatives for staff, communities and partners to enable them effectively advocate for and implement project interventions.
- Ensure ongoing coaching and mentoring of project staff and MoH staff to be able perform achieve results.
Engagement & networking 20%
- Represent WVK in nutrition stakeholder meetings county and sub-county levels key among them county
- In liaison with county health team lead the county nutrition technical forum and county multi-stakeholder forums
- Engaging with county executive, county legislature, ministry of health as sub-county or county level to influence resource allocation nutrition
- Map resource mobilization opportunities at local level and develop concepts and proposals in collaboration with regional and national office teams.
- Ensure close working collaboration with key Government line ministries and other likeminded partners.
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designee
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelors’ degree in Nutrition or its equivalent.
- Must be registered with the Kenya Nutritionists and Dieticians Institute.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in nutrition programming at community level, two of which must be in a supervisory level.
- Good understanding of Ministry of health systems, nutrition programming, standards and guidelines
- Experience working with Ministries of Health structures at county and national levels and networking with other partners
- Must have good oral and written communications and relationship skills
- Ability to take initiatives, team player who is able to work with minimum supervision
- Good computer skills in MS office (Excel, word, PowerPoint), Skype, etc.
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required
- Familiar with current nutrition programming
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.