World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children. Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse related offenses. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Purpose of the position
To coordinate and provide technical support to ADPs to ensure the successful implementation of all Regional level WASH and Construction interventions that directly contribute to the attainment of child wellbeing outcomes in the two allocated regions. The incumbent will oversee implementation of WASH & Construction projects, mobilize appropriate resources, coordinate DM&E issues of WASH & Construction related activities and undertake capacity building of WASH & Construction staff in the two regions.
To successfully do so, the Regional WASH Officer must be able to effectively communicate World Visions Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that serves as an example to others.
Technical support 40%
- Provide innovative and strategic leadership, effective management and timely administrative support for all regional related WASH and Construction interventions in the two regions;
- Ensure that business processes, standards and guidelines related to WASH and Construction initiatives are in place and effectively implemented and adhered to within the two Regions.
- Coordinate with the National WASH and Construction coordinators to effectively support WASH and Construction projects to carry out assessments, designs, measurements of construction and in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures
- Coordinate with relevant line ministries and other relevant departments in providing technical support and assistance to all WASH and Construction projects
- Oversee Implementation of WASH and Construction projects to ensure quality, effectiveness and timely implementation towards realization of WVK Strategy for child wellbeing.
- Ensure that all WASH interventions within the two regions meet or exceed planned outcomes and are implemented in full compliance with WVK, GOK, WHO, SPHERE and other relevant partnership and international standards and guidelines;
- Collaborate with the NO WASH to provide ADPs with the appropriate technical orientation needed to achieve child wellbeing outcomes;
Quality Assurance -Design Monitoring, Evaluation and budget Utilization 30%
- Provide technical support during, Assessment, Planning, Designing, baselines, monitoring, reporting and evaluation
- Supports ADP staff to monitor timely and appropriate utilization of budgeted resources for all WASH interventions in the region
- Review WASH and construction reports for the two regions
- Review all engineering surveys, assessments, evaluations, studies, designs and terms of reference and bills of quantities within the region
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits
- Monitor budget utilization of all WASH projects in the two region
- Provide documentation of WASH & Construction best practices and approaches for donor engagement.
- Facilitate regional annual reflection meeting with all sector specific staff from Programmes and Grant projects
Advocacy, Engagement with strategic partners, Linkages and networks & partnership development 10%
- Support WASH Projects and promote advocacy on issues through development of position papers and policy briefs for Advocacy at the County Levels.
- Support WASH staffs at the regional level to successfully engage with key internal and external stakeholders
- Support WASH Projects to ensure that the key laws, polices, regulations and government service delivery standards in the Health, Nutrition, WASH, Education, and all other Livelihoods and Resilience sub-sectors are shared, interpreting and explained to communities
- Support in ensuring that specific focus is given to sharing, interpreting and explaining to communities all the Devolution related laws.
- Support the WASH Projects to build a Strong evidence for advocacy.
Resources Acquisition 10%
- Support development of technically sound funding proposals through provision of information & data and review in collaboration with ADP Managers, other sector specialists.
Capacity Development 5%
- Facilitate proper understanding of WASH policies, standards, business processes and procedures.
- Facilitate capacity building of staff and communities in WASH programming and implementation of WASH and Construction projects as well as promoting relevant advocacy on WASH issues
- Any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or designee
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a relevant field from a recognized University preferably Civil Engineering or higher national Diploma in Civil/Water Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience for those with BSc. And 10 years for those with Higher national Diploma with regards to the designing, planning, implementation, supervising and reporting on integrated development with bias in WASH and construction projects;
- Minimum least 2 years experience in leadership position
- Must be results orientated leader who can handle a heavy work load as well as manage and satisfy multiple and at times conflicting organizational, donor and other stakeholder demands and;
- Good public relations skills
- Must be a strong team player.
Other Competencies / Attributes
- Must be a committed Christian who is able to stand above denominational and cultural diversity challenges;
- Must be able to provide spiritual leadership within but not limited to chapel and daily devotions;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.