ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. www.ilri.org
Monitoring Evaluation & Learning Officer
The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit a Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Officer for the Accelerated Value Chains Development program (AVCD) for Kenya.
The position will to support the four value chains in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation activities of the whole program and each value chain component.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa.
- Assist the Program M&E specialist in tracking and monitoring the indicators as stipulated in the AMEP
- Provide quality assurance all the data from the value chain components and update the M&E platform data base regularly
- Update the FTFMS regularly within the timeline stipulated by the USAID
- Collate all the value chain components’ GIS and ensure maximum accuracy by checking for errors and cleaning accordingly.
- Manage and update the computerized M&E platform regularly
- Participate in implementation of field work for annual surveys – including training of enumerators, development of tools, maintain quality assurance standards and checks.
- Work with value chain component M&E specialist on data analysis in the value chains using qualitative and quantitative methods and produce summary tables for the reports to monitor progress of the value chains towards its research and development output and outcome targets.
- Be the focal point for and support Livestock Value Chain MEL activities
- Conduct the Livestock Value Chain annual surveys
- Carry out routine monitoring of Livestock Value Chain Activities, as guided by the livestock value chain manager and in liaison with Field Coordinators
- Compile the Livestock Value Chain reports as requested by the Livestock Value Chain manager.
- Update the Livestock Value Chain database on a regular basis and ensure data quality.
- Participate in USAID Data Quality Assurance (DQA) activities conducted by USAID from time to time
- Train staff on USAID FtF indicators and coordinator regular tracking towards of achievements of set targets
- Masters’ degree in any of the following fields: – Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Social sciences
- Professional Training in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (Ms-excel), database management systems, Ms-Word, Ms-Power-Point, the internet, SPSS or STATA.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience
- Strong analysis skills (qualitative and qualitative)
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Strong and evident report writing and editing skills is a requirement for this position
- Working knowledge of ODK and other electronic data capture programming is an added advantage
- Previous experience and exposure to USAID data requirements is an added advantage
Terms of Appointment
This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position based at ILRI’s Nairobi campus. It is open to Kenyan nationals only. The position is on a 3-year contract, renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
This position is job level 3A, ILRI offers a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; pension, medical and other insurances for ILRI’s Nationally Recruited Staff.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.