If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below positions:
Reporting to the Head of Inland Container Depot, the job holder is tasked with overseeing maintenance and repair works of all ICD’s mobile/plant equipment, electrical, and civil. He is the head of technical section, supervises and coordinates the activities of Mobile Plant and Vehicles, Electrical and Civil unit heads.
- Handling administrative, maintenance and repair matters in the Engineering section with the Depot
- Providing sectional leadership and bear overall responsibility and accountability to the section performance delivery on the maintenance, repair and availability of adequate and reliable equipment, vehicles, electrical and civil works.
- Preparing annual performance appraisal reports for subordinates.
- Coordinating all the planned preventive and corrective maintenance in the section
- Initiating all the development projects to be undertaken in the Depot.
- Ensuring proper safety procedure implementation and safe/clean environment.
- Liaising with Operation Officers for purposes of assessing equipment requirements and plans maintenance and repair activities accordingly to maximize efficiency in cargo handling service delivery
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical and Electronics or Mechatronics Engineering or Automotive Engineering or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with current annual practicing license.
- Be a valid member with the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in overseeing maintenance and repair work of equipment with at least three (3) years served at supervisory level
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.