If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Kenya Ports Authority (KPA), is a Commercial and Strategic State Corporation mandated to maintain, operate, improve and regulate all sea ports on the Indian Ocean coastline of Kenya, inland waterways and Inland Container Depots.
KPA also has liaison offices in the transit markets of Uganda, Rwanda and Burundi. KPA aspires to position the Port of Mombasa as a competitive regional hub. The Port of Mombasa is the gateway to East and Central Africa and is one of the busiest Ports along the East African coastline.
The Port provides direct connectivity to over 80 Ports worldwide and is linked to a vast hinterland comprising Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, Northern Tanzania, Southern Sudan, Somalia and Ethiopia by road. A railway line also runs from the Port to Uganda and Tanzania.
The Authority is seeking to recruit exceptional leaders to fill the below positions:
Principal Logistics Officer
Reporting to the General Manager Operations, the job holder is responsible for overseeing proper, effective and timely delivery of logistics support services to cargo Operations and driving results in cargo operations through development and execution of logistics plans.
- Managing Port Logistics Operations and ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of services.
- Coordinating and providing logistics support to cargo Operations.
- Identifying any operational bottlenecks towards achieving good productivity and looking for solutions.
- Ensuring efficiency in Cargo movement and storage (Good traffic flow system).
- Analysing data, Monitoring performance and planning for improvement.
- Providing specialized advice to the General Manager Operations on Logistics matters.
- Ensuring efficient planning and coordination of the operations by offering Logistics advice where applicable.
- Ensuring overall target set for the branch are archived and sustained.
- Knowledge in Port Operations will be an added advantage
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in provision of logistics services with at least three (3) years served at a supervisory level.
- Be a valid member of a relevant professional body and be of good standing
- Possess a Diploma in Shipping or Port Management /Operations from a recognised institution
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Maritime Affairs, Business Administration, Logistics, Transport, Shipping or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted. Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.