Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate lean and nimble. We believe community health is critical to deliver universal health coverage and that community health workers are essential because they bring health services to people’s doorsteps.
We also help governments transform community health through mobile phones. Using the disruptive power of mobile technology, we’ve equipped and deployed 7,500 community health workers across Africa. These community health workers treat common illnesses like pneumonia, diarrhea, and malaria focusing on children and mothers. They also provide primary healthcare to 6 million people at a fraction of the cost of doctors and nurses. And they’ve reduced child mortality by 27 percent.
The secret to our success is a winning team. One that enables people to bring their ideas and creativity to work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, meet challenges with determination and a have a sense of humor, come work for Living Goods!
Senior Program Manager, Technical Assistance
Living Goods provides technical assistance to National and County governments, implementing partners and communities to build networks of effective community health workers. We believe that individuals who understand the challenges of community health, can develop new and strengthen ongoing partnerships with at government and implementer levels, helping governments to deliver high impact, low cost community health services.
We are looking for Someone to ensure that our programs hit all the high notes. Reflect the latest evidence on what works in community health. You will be the technical base that the rest of the team depends on to offer strategic direction on interventions requirement, successful implementation and knowledge management. In this role, you will be a trusted advisor to National and County governments in Kenya to:
- Ensure technical assistance is robust. You are an expert in shaping and delivering technical assistance. You will support the development and lead in delivering sustainable and effective technical assistance at national and county levels. This working with the internal technical assistance teams to design/ inform both our approach to technical assistance and lead the design of new technical assistance programs in Kenya. It also includes providing direct technical assistance to national government and helping the Living Goods technical assistance delivery team to solve problems during implementation.
- Identification of technical assistance (TA) opportunities: You are our top technical expert. The one who stays on top of research, smells opportunities from afar, identifies new products and services to incorporate into technical assistance and advices on new areas to venture into. A go getter who uses evidence and data to develop improvements to the TA with a view to optimizing impact and cost effectiveness.
- Ensure program excellence: You will lead in supporting counties to design, plan and optimally resource and operationalize technical assistance interventions. You will institute appropriate mechanisms to support roll out of robust and high impact initiatives.
- Maintain strong partnerships: You will need to develop and maintain strong relationships with national and county public officials, policy makers as well as technical and implementing partners.
- Raise our visibility: You will help to scope new technical assistance opportunities with governments and implementing partners who are seeking support to transform their community health services. You will make Living Goods continue to play a prominent advisory role at national level, forge new collaborative relationships with government, technical agencies and implementing partners. You will help to document and publish Living Goods learning on technical assistance.
- Track trends. You will research trends and developments in community health including community healthcare, health systems strengthening, performance management, last mile supply chain, health financing, mhealth, partnerships (implementer and funders) at global, regional, national and sub national levels and alert Living Goods on the developments and implications.
- Technical creds. You have 7+ years’ experience in health policy or working in health system strengthening efforts at national and sub national levels in Kenya. You have experience in health program design. You have an MPH or other relevant advanced health degree. You have additional training and hands on experience in project management, budgeting and reporting.
- Mentorship and coaching. You have training and/or experience in providing mentorship and coaching that transforms individuals, systems and institutions into high performers.
- Motivate the team – You will lead your team, draw lessons from their experiences, hone their techniques, and solve problems along the way. You will also help team members learn from and support each other.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
- People management skills. You are a seasoned, collaborative manager who can motivate and guide a team, and team members as individuals.
- Problem solving skills. You are able to research problems and solutions. You like to get things done in a structured, methodical way.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.
- Data driven. You have an analytical mind and are outcome oriented. You have hands on experience in using data for decision making. You are passionate about rigorous measurement and accountability.
- Ability to influence. You have partnered with stakeholders in health and provided technical assistance to the Ministry of Health and to County Governments. You have both the technical know-how, sensitivity and confidence to influence high-level stakeholders including political leaders at national and county level.
- Articulate. You have excellent communications skills both orally and written for policy briefs, PowerPoint presentations, case studies, training modules, reports etc.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.