Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is the second National Referral Hospital in Kenya. The Hospital is located along Nandi Road in Eldoret town, Uasin Gishu.
The hospital was involved in a controversy in September 2015 when two children died and seven others had to be treated for serious conditions after receiving measles vaccinations in Kerio Valley, Elgeyo-Marakwet County.
Critical Care Medical Specialist
Formulate, implement and review of health policies, regulations, standards, guidelines and protocols. Undertake medical examinations and write reports. Conduct disease prevention, surveillance and control. Undertake health research, Provide forensic medico-legal services, medical psycho-social interventions, medical health education and promotion. Facilitate training of interns and other health personnel and establish and manage health information systems.
- Formulating and reviewing health policies, strategies, guidelines and protocols;
- Overseeing provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative health services;
- Providing sub-specialized services to patients;
- Planning and managing hospital healthcare progrims;
- Initiating and managing healthcare projects and programs;
- Developing intervention activities and programs for training health professionals in community health and health management in hospitals/health facilities;
- Initiating and coordinating operational and clinical research;
- Facilitating implementation of research findings to improve quality of service delivery;
- Coordinating and providing specifications for procurement of health commodities.
- Ensuring adherence to health standards and guidelines;
- Facilitating training and development of medical services staff;
- Mobilizing resources and promoting partnerships and collaborations with hospital agencies and development partners in promotion of health programmes and projects;
- Monitoring and evaluating provision of health serf ices in the hospital:
- Preparing, planning and budgeting for the directorates; and
- Coordinating capacity development and performance management
- Served in the grade of Senior Medical Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years or its comparable position.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Paediatrics and Child Health, Palliative Medicine or equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Retention in the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board Register.
- Senior Management Course or equivalent lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Resource management skills.
- Managing performance and driving for outcomes.
- Establishing strategic directions.
- Visionary/Leading change.
- Policy development.
- Effective communication skills.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial and administrative skills.
- Leading teams.
In addition, all applicants MUST attach the following valid documents;
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Compliance Certificate
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB) Certificate
- National Police Service (NPS) Clearance Certificate
- CRB — Credit Reference Bureau Certificate
- Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) Clearance
Method of Application
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P 0 Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas due encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.