Elective Africa is a leading organizer of travel expeditions. In line with the company’s growth we seek to recruit a Communications Intern to undertake a 3 months intensive training with a possibility of employment upon successful completion of the internship.
The selected candidate will be expected to be a team player, a creative thinker and a fast learner.
They will also be expected to assume the communications tasks with great ownership and zeal and deliver optimum use of the digital platforms for enhanced leads generation efforts.
- Responsible for all leads generation initiatives
- Collaborate with the team to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, blogs, website content, weekly reports and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services
- Respond to media inquiries from clients on various platforms and direct them to the relevant persons
- Manage and regularly update the company’s website as well as maintain metrics for optimization related to SEO & Social Media platforms
- Design the various promotional materials to be used in the various sites to promote the brand.
- Work with the operations team in client’s management and ensuring on ground clients satisfaction.
- Work with the operations team to obtain photos, testimonials and blogs from program participants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, PR, marketing or related field. Added advantage if from a tours and travel sector
- Minimum of 1-year relevant experience in a communication, PR or marketing role
- Proficiency in design and publishing software
- Good knowledge of digital marketing
- Strong editorial skills, with experience of editing content for digital publication and distribution
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Photography skills will be an added advantage
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
If you possess the above qualifications and would like to be considered for this job, please visit the Careers page on to apply by 5pm on Sunday 19th May ,2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted