You will be reporting to the Services Delivery Manager.
In this role you are responsible for
- Executing technical service to the requests, problems, or planned service activities. These can be coordinated, scheduled and with prepared action plans from the customer care center. Solutions or actions should be carried out in accordance with our regulatory guidelines, processes & procedures.
- Solutions are provided by using remote / onsite diagnostics, troubleshooting techniques, service technical information, or knowledge, executing service work orders and keeping the customer informed of the service status.
- Focusing on ‘First Time Right’ ensuring there is a clear action plan, with parts (if required), and diagnosis before the onsite visit.
- Handling complaints (safety & non-safety related) & escalations to ensure accurate and timely analysis, registration and action.
- Seeking Lead generation for sales or value-added service opportunities, where we can support our customers further to deliver value.
- Providing first-line technical support, maintenance, & installation support to customers, communicates solutions or actions, taking ownership, and acting in accordance with our regulatory guidelines.
- Accurately documenting service records inclusive of diagnostics, resolution & test procedures, and case status using the service management system. Capturing solutions to allow for knowledge share.
- Accurately recording Customer Interaction time, non-customer interaction time, parts consumed / returned / failures, real-time via the mobile device.
- Accurately recording Bench Repair time, non-customer interaction time, Parts consumed/ returned/ Failures, real-time via SMax.
- Acting on customer escalations, complaints (safety/non-safety related) or feedback, following agreed processes to ensure that information is captured as accurately as possible, to allow for timely follow up.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- College graduate degree level or equivalent desired (preferably in an engineering, medical or science related qualification)
- Fluent English required in addition to local language.
- Certified Engineer / network engineer certification desirable
- Excellent PC skills (e.g. experience with Microsoft Windows and Office software applications)
- Expert in IT/Network diagnosis/system connectivity/Remote service essential.
- A minimum of 2-3 years within an engineering, medical or science related environment required
- Minimum 1-2 years prior experience in customer facing role.
- The candidate must be willing to attend oversees equipment training when required
- The candidate must be willing to travel on occasional basis for support in other regions
- Strong Customer focus
- Capacity to listen and communicate in a clear and effective manner
- Problem solving/troubleshooting mind-set
- Strong team player
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 3 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. Thanks to our employees who share our passion for improving lives, we are at the forefront of the Healthcare industry. We enable our employees to create a legacy in life through their work and support their development through people-centric learning, total rewards and personalized development planning programmes.
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Only apply for this role if you are a Kenyan Citizen and have the legal right to work in Kenya.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.