Meridian Health Group (MHG) is one of the fastest growing service providers in the Kenyan medical industry providing the full spectrum of healthcare services.
We are inviting self-motivated and talented candidates to fill in the following positions:
Duty Station: Any of the Branches
The Laboratory Technologist’s main duties will be to analyze samples of blood, tissue and body fluids to determine chemical content, cell count, drug levels or blood type; they may also search for specific microorganisms.
The individual will also prepare the samples for examination, using automated equipment and specialized instrumentation, performing numerous complicated tests simultaneously, and accurately interpreting the results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Cleaning and sterilizing laboratory glass ware, surfaces and equipment;
- Documenting and receiving samples for analysis;
- Preparing laboratory reagents; carrying out chemical/microbiological analysis on samples (food, water, waste waters and beverages);
- Extracting, isolating and identifying drugs, pesticides and heavy metals from biological and miscellaneous samples;
- Preparing cultures of tissue samples
- Microscopically examining slides of bodily fluids
- Chemically analyzing blood or urine for toxic components
- Analyzing lab reports for accuracy
- Delivering test results to physicians.
- Collecting and studying blood samples to determine morphology
- Maintain quality control lab measures.
- Keep the lab records as required by statutory and regulatory authorities and as recommended by Government of Kenya, Ministry of Health regulations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Academic: O-levels/A-Levels
- Professional: Diploma in medical laboratory sciences or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Be a registered member of KMLTTB
- Possess a valid practice license from KMLTTB
- Experience: At least 2yrs experience post internship experience in a similar position
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the requirements for any of the positions above should send current CV and cover letter quoting the post applying for in the subject line to: email@example.com by close of business 22nd August, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.