- Hold a first degree in Finance or Accounting;
- Have a Master’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or their equivalent;
- Be qualified either as CPA(K) or ACCA or CA or equivalent;
- Be an active member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Kenya;
- Have at least Six (6) years’ experience in finance with Three (3) years’ experience as a Deputy Finance Officer in a University or equivalent institution;
- Be computer literate with demonstrable practical experience; and
- Demonstrate outstanding qualities of leadership, coordination and organization at senior management level.
The Finance Officer shall:
- Manage and oversee prudent utilization of all financial resources of the University;
- Manage insurance and non-current assets;
- Prepare and submit annual estimates of revenue and expenditure to the University Management Board;
- Supervise compliance to budgetary allocation in accordance with the approved annual budgets;
- Receive and process proposals for subscription, donations and requests for necessary approvals;
- Prepare and submit financial reports on income, expenditure and assets of the University;
- Submit all necessary reports including all statutory reports relating to finances of the University;
- Advise the Vice-Chancellor on all public sector accounting matters;
- Implement public sector accounting standards including accounting policies, bases and concepts of government accounting systems, both manual and computerized;
- Advise the University on the best and appropriate financial reporting formats;
- Oversee the implementation of approved University financial and accounting policies and regulations;
- Oversee the development, review and implementation of the University financial management framework and policy;
- Prepare proposals and submit reports on borrowing, mortgaging or charging all or any part of movable and immovable property by the University;
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on administration, relevant statutory requirements and overall status of the department to the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning; and
- Perform any such other duties as shall be assigned by the Deputy Vice-Chancellor in charge of Administration, Finance and Planning.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- Successful candidate for the position will be offered a competitive remuneration package, including the following:
Salary Scale: Ksh 170,681 – 248,898 per month;
House Allowance: KShs.73,715 p.m.;
Medical cover as per the University College Medical Scheme;
- The appointment will be for a contract period of five (5) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirement of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010 and must attach the following:
- Certificate of good conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation;
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA;
- Clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board;
- Clearance certificate from CRB.
Applicants must submit ten (10) copies of applications giving details of age, education and professional qualifications, detailed work experience, present post and salary, applicants’ telephone number and email address, and enclose certified copies of certificates and testimonials and give names and addresses of three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about the applicants competence and area of specialization. Applicants should request their referees to write directly to the undersigned. The name and reference number of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (AF&P)
P.O. Box 1100-20300
NYAHURURU – KENYA
So as to reach him not later than 25th September, 2019
N.B. A soft copy of the application letter and C.V. only and No other attachment should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Laikipia University is an equal employer. Women, minority groups and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.