The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an independent Commission established under Article 230 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, with the mandate to set and regularly review the Remuneration and Benefits of all State Officers and to advise the National and County Governments on the Remuneration and Benefits of all other Public
Officers. In carrying out its mandate, the Commission has to take into account the principles of; fiscal sustainability of the public compensation bill, attraction and retention of requisite skills for service delivery, productivity and performance, transparency, fairness and equity.
The Commission seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following vacant position;
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT SRC4
This role holder is responsible for the validation of the authenticity and accuracy of payments, and proper maintenance of financial records. The role holder is responsible for uploading the budget, supplementary budgets and budget reallocations.
- Monitor Expenditure against budget and ensure correctness of budget line
- Prepare draft annual and quarterly financial statements and accompanying schedules
- Prepare monthly and quarterly expenditure and variance analysis reports
- Budget preparation and participation in the pre-MTEF sector meetings
- Defend the Commission’s budget during the Sector Working Group (SWG)
- Examine payment vouchers for accuracy, completeness and support
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of budget line items in IFMIS to the accounting system and review general ledger reconciliations
- Validate all payments in IFMIS making sure correct budget line is charged, correct bank details, amounts and taxes
- Identify procurement needs of the division
- Provide feedback to enhance business processes and initiate process improvement to achieve operational excellence.
- Develop individual work plans, monitor own performance and seek requisite support to ensure delivery of agreed targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Business Administration or related field from a
- Certified Public Accountant CPA(K)/ACCA and member of ICPAK in good standing.
- Eight (8) years of work experience with 4 years relevant experience from a comparable organization
- Knowledge of IPSAS, IFRS and IAS
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
- Ability to deliver results in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify customer needs, develop service standards and deliver service excellence
- Demonstrate knowledge on relevant legislation and applicable standards
- Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards, IAS and IFRS
- High level of integrity and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and under strict timelines.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in accounting software and relevant computer applications
- Knowledge of Budgeting
Method of Application
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with a detailed Curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Applicants MUST attach clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation.
- Higher Education Loans Board.
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and
- Credit Reference Bureau (must provide Certificate or Report)
Applications in sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100 NAIROBI
And be received on or before 19th November, 2019.
The Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Canvassing will lead to automatic
disqualification. Qualified candidates irrespective of their gender, race, culture, religion or disability are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.