At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
National Account Manager
We are pleased to announce the vacancy for a National Account Manager within VGE. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Sector Manager, the position holder will be responsible for Strategic Accounts (TML-Target Market List) within Multinational Corporation (MNC)/VGE vertical. The key objective will be to drive and achieve revenue targets through solution selling and segment propositions.
CUSTOMER ACQUISITION AND REVENUE GROWTH
- Identify growth prospects within the Target Market List.
- Drive identification and adoption of relevant segment propositions
- Device strategic plans for Relationship penetration and ensure implementation of tactical plans including pipeline management.
- Grow, Digital Solutions and acquire Sales within MNC/VGE TML; through acquisition and penetration.
- Provide thought leadership and Insights from customer engagements within the Vodacom Global Enterprise (VGE)
- Provide thought leadership and Insights from customer engagements within the Multinational Corporation/VGE Vertical.
- Introduce new products and propositions to key decision makers within the customer environment through relationship and stakeholder management within all Top customers.
RELATIONSHIP & BASELINE RETENTION
- Develop and execute customer ring fencing strategies in MNC/VGE Vertical
- Stimulate existing prepositions within MNC/VGE Vertical to grow base revenue.
- Develop strong relationships at CXO level in MNC/VGE and wider Buying Centers to understand mid-to-long term MNC/VGE objectives.
- Ensure minimum churn (less than 1%) on both customer base and revenues as set out in target goal sheet.
- Contract Management: Follow up on all existing contracts & renewal.
- Provide insight into the refinement of customer journey processes
- Timely response to customer correspondence and circulation of customer minutes
- Flag potential escalations timeously.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for sales orders and customer interactions and enforce use of FANELI for opportunity management and customer interactions both for Safaricom and Vodafone Global Enterprise (VGE)
- Maintain regular contact with Regional and Global Account Managers to keep abreast with global trends for MNC customers under management.
RELATIONSHIP ACCOUNT DEVELOPMENT PLANNING
- Formulate and manage customer relationship through up-to-date Account Development Plans, opportunity road maps, pipeline management and the entire sales cycle plan.
- Leverage company assets (events & activities) to nature relationship with key stakeholders (CXO & Buying Centre).
- Proactively attend to MNC customer issues on service provision and get an excellent customer rating.
- Maintaining strong and deep relationships with accounts under direct management
- Follow through on all customer issues until closure.
- Organize a Discovery/Innovation workshop per Quarter,
- Degree in Commerce/ ICT or a business related;
- Sales Professional with work experience of 4-5 years preferably managing Multinational corporations and B2B environment;
- Knowledge/ Work experience in ICT will be an added advantage;
- Ability to deliver results and meet and surpass set targets;
- Ability to co-create and workshop new ideas for the customer.
As part of the interview process external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- University Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your degree certificate.
- National ID/Passport.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.