At Safaricom, our evolution has been driven by the spirit of innovation. We can provide you with multiple opportunities to innovate and solve real-world, complex technical and business problems as you join us on our journey. We strive to have various career opportunities available for undergraduates.
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy within Safaricom. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Product Owners in the respective Business Units, the position holder will be required to develop and publish enterprise solutions using best practice and new technologies including but not limited to web technologies for integration, mobile app, cloud solutions, data and source management adopting Agile in DevOps and team delivery.
- Sound and Quality Delivery – develop, test and document APIs as allocated by the team leader. This includes preparing for CAB sessions, deployment and post go live support for APIs candidate for production promotion
- Design – assist in low level design preparation and validation of high level design as shared by the solution architect
- Analysis – participate in analysis sessions for user stories and requirements and ensure complete user requirements are captured and agreed on
- Research on new fit for future technologies and actively implement the viable solutions
- Understanding of Microservices architectures
- Experience with Java technologies and frameworks mainly Spring and Hibernate.
- Experience in containerization platforms like Kubernetes,docker-swarms or RedHat openshift
- Demonstrate strong design and programming skills using and developing RESTful APIs using JAX-RS, JSON , Web Services, XML, XSLT, PL/SQL in UNIX and Windows environments
- Strong collaboration and communication skills within distributed Agile project teams
- Experience with event-based and message-driven distributed system like Apache Kafka ,ActiveMQ,Rabbit MQ or Tibco EMS
- Strong familiarity with web servers and load balancing technologies.
- Experience in use of source code management systems like SVN or GIT and build tools like ant, maven, Gradle or make.
- IT, Engineering, Computer Science/Software Engineering/IT.
- Extensive programming experience using Java J2EE, Spring, Spring boot, SQL, JMS /C++/C# .
- Extensive experience with databases – data structures, relational data model, Stored Procedures, PL/SQL development or NoSQL DBs.
- Experience with application security technologies (e.g. SSL) to ensure secure applications.
- Experience in Agile Development/software life-cycle development (SDLC).
- Preferred experience with Apache Tomcat application server, Glassfish and SOA.
- Preferred experience with Linux/AIX OS’s.
- Hands on with Maven build scripts/ Curie moving to Git Hub
- Strong Critical thinkers
CANDIDATE INFORMATION: Please note that this will be a one year contract. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.