British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Leaf Security Manager
Job Number: 22150
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Leaf Security Manager to join our team in Nairobi.
- Operational/Technical/Professional Results:
- Identify and evaluate all existing and potential threats to leaf operations business and assets, personnel and visitors arising from security risks. Report and recommend appropriate action to the operations security manager.
- Conducts proactive investigations relating to intelligence gathering on leaf growing, buying and selling operations. Liaise with Police and Government agencies in leaf security investigations, seizure operations and submits reports to operations security manager.
- Continuously review and where necessary implement agreed internal security control systems and procedures within the leaf centres and advise the operations security manager on implementation.
- Ensure that all equipment, installed for CCTV, access control and or farmer logging, located within the leaf centres are well maintained and in good working order. Liaise with service providers for maintenance as required.
- Investigate all security incidents within the leaf centres e.g. theft, fire or other wilful destruction of company property etc and present detailed and timely reports in prescribed report formats to the Country security manager, making recommendations on preventative measures to minimise future occurrence.
- Convene regular meetings with BAT staff and contractors to advise them of preventative measures that should be taken to ensure the threat of crime is mitigated.
- Develop and update subject matter for security training and awareness programmes.
- Support the operations security manager in all security related activities for Likoni Factory operations and primary supply chain.
- Leadership Results:
- Provide guidance and support to security managers from 3rd party logistics partners to ensure that BAT security policies and standards are understood and implemented in their service provision.
- Provide leadership and guidance to leaf operations team, to ensure security risks and continuity requirements are effectively and efficiently mitigated.
- Initiate and consistently conduct and evaluate security awareness programs.
- Support business projects by identifying security risks and facilitating the project risk assessment process, right through to resourcing and implementation of selected and agreed mitigation plans.
- Management Results:
- Deliver standardised leaf threat assessments.
- Continually assess the security environment to develop and recommend proactive security measures commensurate with the identified security threats and assessed risks.
- Leverage understanding and support of stakeholders (internal and external) to support better-informed decision making in addressing security concerns and issues effectively.
Knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in security management within the private sector.
- Diploma qualification in security management or relevant related areas (e.g. risk, investigation, criminology, business continuity).
- At least 3 years relevant experience in Criminal / Commercial investigations.
- Minimum certificate in training in security investigations, risk assessment or operations.
- A good working knowledge of Government and security agencies.
- Experience in development and deployment of functional strategy, policy and standards.
- Strong analytical skills in security risk management and business continuity planning.
- Strong financial awareness, in particular budget processes and controls.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills allowing effective trust relationships.
- Ability to produce timely, accurate, detailed and concise written and verbal reports and reviews.
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and service providers.
- Should be in possession of a driving license.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.