Main Purpose of the job: Serve as WEConnect International’s assessor for Kenya
Reporting to: Women Enterprise Business Development Manager
Organization Information: WEConnect International, a corporate-led global non-profit, helps build sustainable communities by empowering women business owners to succeed in local and global markets. WEConnect International has since 2009 provided business education, certification, and business connections to companies based outside the United States that are at least 51% owned, managed, and controlled by one or more women. WEConnect International upholds the global standards for women business enterprises certification of ownership, management, and control, with the assistance of local assessors trained to evaluate if a company is at 51% owned by one or more women.
Job Overview: WEConnect International is expanding in Kenya. We are looking to hire a contractor with experience in evaluating ownership, management and control of private companies incorporated in Kenya.
Job Responsibilities: Provide key support on the certification process by completing certification assessments (on-site visits of businesses, virtual communication with business owners, or document review), following WEConnect International’s assessment guidelines and type of assessment specified.
Core Preferred Competencies: Accounting, corporate law, or business training.
- The contractor is expected to devote their best efforts to provide support on the certification process by completing certification assessments (on-site, virtual, or document review), following WEConnect International’s assessment guidelines and type of assessment specified. Only the WEConnect International platform will be used to process certification applications, assessments, and renewals, including payment of fees.
- Complete training and become familiar with the WEConnect International platform and how to complete certification assessments.
- Forward all WEConnect International related requests, information or inquiries to
- WEConnect International Headquarters
- .Participate in trainings on certification procedures and standards.
- Uphold the global standards for WBE certification and disclose any conflicts of interest to WEConnect International. Refer all questions related to the outcome of certification assessments to the certification team at WEConnect International Headquarters.
- Fluency in English and Swahili the following languages and familiar with corporate law and financial terms in English and Swahili.
- Training in accounting or corporate finance, corporate law or business training.
- Experience reviewing incorporation documents of companies of all sizes.
- Availability to conduct (2 to 3 hour) assessments on-demand and flexibility to be paid on a fee-for-service basis. This is an on-demand availability, not a full-time position.
- Awareness of the business case for buying from women-owned businesses.
- Understanding of WEConnect International’s WBE Certification Standards and Procedures
- Pass a WEConnect International Assessor Training and Quiz.
- Openness to connect with other WEConnect International Assessors to share Best Practices.