The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
The job holder is responsible for carrying out reviews of the implementation status of internal audit recommendations, quality management system (QMS) and information security management system (ISMS)corrective actions.
Key Responsibilities / Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Coordinate review of all outstanding audit recommendations on a continuous basis with a specific focus on implemented audit recommendations, long outstanding recommendations and those with no implementation actions.
- Supervise auditors assigned to audit review engagements providing guidance and overall review of deliverables to ensure that field assignments are conducted on a timely basis.
- Preparation of Unit Annual Audit Work Plans (AAWPs) outlining assignments and associated financial and human resource allocation.
- Preparation of follow up review assignment plans and assign tasks to Audit Follow Up staff
- Ensure all stakeholder complains are addressed on a timely basis
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Take leadership in review of the progress in implementation of audit recommendation and QMS and ISMS corrective actions and evaluation of associated evidence
- Coordinate structured stakeholder engagements for internal audit client to address challenges in implementation of audit recommendations and corrective actions, including providing clarity for recommendations that are not clear and advice on expected actions to close audit recommendations and QMS and ISMS non conformities.
- Review the closure and deferral of closure of audit recommendations and non-conformities to ensure that these are done procedurally and make necessary interventions
- Coordinate the reassignment and escalation of audit recommendations and corrective actions between departments or staff in consultation with departmental and regional Audit Liaison offices.
- Proactively identify areas of low implementation of audit recommendations and formulate and implement plans of actions to address associated challenges
- Facilitate and undertake training of end users on the internal audit systems (TeamMate and Q-Pulse systems) and resolution of system challenges.
- Supervise the documentation of audit follow up review work for timeliness and completeness
- Prepare timely and accurate reports on the implementation status for all departments and regions on audit recommendations and corrective actions and performance reports for recommendation and corrective action owners.
- Provide advisory/consultancy support across the Authority when required.
Development of unit budgets
Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes decisions using standard operating procedures
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology or related degree
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
CIA,CISA, CPA ,ACCA or other relevant professional qualification. Membership of ICPAK, ISACA or IIA
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least 4 years relevant work experience, 1 of which must be in supervisory position in internal audit.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity.
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application.
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Supervisory skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.