Shamiri Institute is seeking an energetic, diligent, self-motivated, and meticulous team player to join its staff as a Business Development Associate (based in Nairobi, Kenya office). This position offers the opportunity to help envision and define the Institute’s business development priorities and programming while being part of a professional and team-oriented small office.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Business Development Associate at Shamiri will have a driven and detail-oriented business mind, with a focus towards identifying growth opportunities and developing strategies to increase Shamiri’s sustainability and grow its partnership portfolio. S/he will have strong business acumen as well as excellent management, communication, and analytical skills. The duties of this role include forming and maintaining relationships with new and existing partners; conducting market research and analysis; developing long-term growth strategy; and identifying and managing a variety of opportunities for the organization.
Networking and Partnerships
- Familiarize with the company’s vision and mission to aid the accomplishment of set goals and objectives
- Identify potential clients/partners and manage existing relationships
- Develop and implement strategies for client/partner acquisition, client/partner service and retention plans, and sales data analysis to inform or update existing marketing strategies
- Work closely with the Director of Innovations and other staff across the organization to develop, implement, and evaluate growth strategies and opportunities
Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
- Draft strategic plans, pitches, presentations, reference materials, and other documents as required
- Work to acquire new donors, help manage donor database, support regular contact with donors
- Develop and submit grant applications in line with the institutional budget projections
- Schedule meetings with prospective donors, grants, and funders
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Educational/Training Background & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant field; MBA is an added advantage
- Experience working as a business development officer or similar role; experience in start-up business development is desired
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising and sustainability strategy development
Skills and Proficiencies
- S/he will be resourceful, organized, and motivated to increase sales, enhance the company's reputation, and look for new and creative ways to market the organization’s products and services.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a well-organized manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate excellent management, communication, and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
Salary and Application Information
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Only Kenyan citizens (or individuals with a legal permit to work in Kenya) will be considered for this role.
- If you have any questions about this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org (cc: [email protected]).