The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisio...
Read more about this company
Department:INVESTIGATION AND ENFORCEMENT
Location / Work Station:NAIROBI
COMMISSIONER – INVESTIGATION AND ENFORCEMENT
CHIEF MANAGER –INVESTIGATIONS (FOUR)
This role is responsible for overseeing investigations to detect, deter and disrupt customs and tax evasion and financial fraud to enhance tax compliance.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Oversee the formulation of Strategies, Policies and Procedures to assist in detecting, deterring and preventing tax crime.
- Provide a technical guidance on the complex customs and tax investigations
- Develop the divisions annual work plan in line with the performance contracting for monitoring, evaluation and staff appraisal.
- Advice the Commissioner on technical matters relating to Customs and Tax investigations.
- Ensuring that employees in the Division demonstrate professionalism, transparency, and accountability in performing their duties and that they show courtesy, integrity and neutrality in provision of service.
- Development and management of the Division’s work plan.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Building a mutual beneficial partnership with other stakeholders on matters relating to customs and tax investigations.
- Supervision of day-to-day operations and management of performance in the Division.
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Division: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Drive initiatives to improve Ethics, Culture and facilitate Change Management in the division.
- Responsible for Divisional budget
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for office assets
Decision Making / Job Influence
Strategic, Managerial and Operational Decisions
- Works predominantly within the office as well as in the field during engagements with other stakeholders and investigations.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).Academic qualifications
- A University Degree in Law, Business Administration, Economics or related field from a recognized institution
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Relevant professional qualifications and membership to professional bodies is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required.
Minimum of Ten (10) years work experience in a similar role with at least Five (5) years in a senior management role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Strategic agility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills
- Good knowledge of Tax Legislation, Regulation and Procedures
- Good awareness of operating environment
- Results driven and analytical
- Problem solving
- Analytical thinking
- Strong decision-making skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
- Risk management and analysis
- Mentoring and coaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills