The Digital Content Officer reports directly to the Digital Manager & works closely with the Digital Marketing Officer in the setup and implementation of digital content and campaigns. The successful candidate also provides strategic and technical inputs to the office’s wider digital and communications strategy and also acts as back up for the Digital Marketing Officer. This includes helping to manage the office´s institutional digital channels (web & social media), selecting and updating content and building interaction and reach with online communities in order to raise visibility and awareness of MSF with national, regional and international audiences.
The Digital Content Officer will also collaborate closely with the rest of the Communications and Fundraising department on various tasks including contributing to digital storytelling projects and user activation through online campaigning. They will also provide data monitoring to track performance and improve future efforts.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Ideation, design, production, adaptation and dissemination of digital content for MSF Eastern Africa’s social media channels:
- Ensures the ideation, design and production of digital content for effective storytelling on the organization’s channels, primarily those in Eastern Africa.
- Ensures the regular dissemination of creative content on social media channels for instance reels, carousels, quizzes, TikTok.
- Actively collaborates with the other members of the Communications and Fundraising department to contribute to the digital editorial plan and ensure its 100% implementation.
- Monitor trending topics to take advantage of opportunities for positioning MSF's issues.
- Be updated on trends and developments in social media (channels, formats and targets) and propose new ways of storytelling and new audiences for MSF Eastern Africa.
- Contributes to building MSF online campaigns with different objectives including fundraising and to encourage participation.
Adaptation, publication and dissemination of online content:
- Contributes to producing or adapting specific online content aimed at Kenyan and East African audiences in line with MSF editorial, style and communication guidelines, and following established validation procedures.
- In collaboration with the Digital Marketing Officer - develops, manages and implements online campaigns to promote visibility, awareness, acquisition or recruitment.
- Supports the Digital Marketing Officer to select, edit, publish and share content in MSF EA website and social media channels in a timely manner, reflecting MSF’s international, regional and local communication priorities as well as engagement opportunities.
- Helps to moderate online conversations in EA’s social media channels and responds to inquiries and requests of the online audience following MSF’s guidelines and protocols.
- Responsible for the development of campaign specific digital media materials, including design and production of videos, infographics etc.
Devise and implement strategies to activate online community engagement
- In collaboration with the other members of the digital unit, leads on the production of engaging digital content that resonates with regional audiences. (For instance, reels, memes, Tiktok, carousels, quizzes).
- Helps identify and establish relationships with relevant social media influencers and content creators, in line with MSF's principles and the organization's influencer strategy.
- Supports community management across MSF EA channels e.g. responding to queries, replying to comments.
Contribute to digital storytelling and campaigning projects:
- Contributes to digital storytelling projects, including in identifying innovative new formats that resonate with regional audiences developing campaign creative content and alerting on potential campaigns.
Monitoring and analytics:
- The Digital Content Officer contributes to regular tracking, analysis and reporting on online metrics, providing insights and acting on the information in order to improve performance, impact and reach.
- Systematically monitors platforms to support reputation management.
- External liaison with providers and platforms, in collaboration with the digital unit.
- Contribute to reporting on campaigns and regular work.
- Helps to resolve issues with the digital channels, site and adverts, together with the digital officer and IT department.
- From time to time, provides occasional direct support to MSF’s field operations, advising on the strategic use of social media for operational or communications efforts.
- Liaises with colleagues across the MSF movement, including in regional hubs across Africa.
- Works as a full member of the communications team and contributes to the department´s wider strategy, doing additional tasks as needed.
- Upholds MSF principles and ethical guidelines at all times.
- Graduate in communications, marketing, new media, public relations or related field. .
- Mandatory: Working experience in social media management (Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, Instagram) and digital content production (posts, tweets, memes, Reels, carousels, quizzes, photos and videos).
- Solid professional experience in digital media communications (both at a strategical and practical level), social media management and online community engagement.
- Experience in production, edition and coordination of web-based content, preferably on a Drupal platform, with a strong body of work examples to share.
- Excellent creative, writing and visual communication skills.
- Good knowledge of image management tools and graphics tools (Canva, Adobe Suite).
- Good experience in managing paid social media campaigns.
- Knowledge of web and social media metrics and analytics tools, including Google Analytics