Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
The foundation that began as three mothers around a kitchen table in 1988 is now the leading global nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating pediatric HIV and AIDS. Browse this timeline to learn how it happened.
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is the global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV/AIDS and has reached more than 26 million women with services to prevent transmission of HIV to their infants. EGPAF is supporting activities in 19 counties and nearly 6,000 sites to implement prevention, care and treatment services; to further advance innovative research; and to execute global advocacy activities that bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children and families worldwide.
In Kenya, EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and various County governments, and implementing partners to support HIV prevention, care and treatment in more than 10 Counties. EGPAF is mainly funded by the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Centers for Disease Control, and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). EGPAF also receives awards to implement its agenda from other development partners such UNITAID and others.
The foundation seeks a qualified and experienced Data Manager (DM) in its research department. The Data Manager will be required to have experience and knowledge in the collection, organization, analysis and reporting of quantitative data, including large datasets of patient-level data and with experience working with public health evaluation data. The Data Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing data management processes and strategies for all public health evaluation activities carried out by the research department. The Data Manager will directly report to the ADPHED.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect as a Title ?
- Under the guidance and supervision of the ADPHED, and data management and analysis leads in-country, regionally, and globally (where applicable), the Data Manager will oversee, and coordinate all data management activities including data entry, data quality assurance and control, take lead and participate in the design of study data collection tools and databases as well as developing guiding documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), data management plans (DMPs), data analysis plans (DAPs), job aids, data dictionaries and codebooks.
- The incumbent will be developing electronic mobile data collection using ODK1, ODK-X, REDCap and other mobile application platforms.
- She/he will routinely execute procedures for the abstraction and merging of data records from source databases including aggregate databases such as DHIS, EGPAF knowledge management system and DATIM and patient-level databases such as the National Data Warehouse.
- The incumbent will contribute actively in the design of study protocols and/or evaluation plans, specifically the methodology, analysis, quality control and reporting sections. She/he will also be responsible for the oversight of the data management procedures through training and routine capacity building activities.
- The Data Manager will routinely document data management-related changes. They will also actively maintain logs and files of data queries generated, share with the data collection team and document their resolution. She/he will liaise with the study coordinator (SC) to follow up on the data resolution process for ongoing data cleaning and will be required to routinely travel to sites to offer direct support and monitoring.
- As part of the data cleaning procedures, the Data Manager will generate final, cleaned and appropriately named and stored analysis data files in prescribed format(s). They will ensure to maintain the integrity, security, and routine automated data backup of all active study databases.
- They will also maintain a log of data collection tools flow between the data storage server and the study sites in liaison with the SC and Research Regulatory Officer (RRO).
- The Data Manager will be required to actively participate and also take lead in the quantitative analysis on research datasets using statistical analysis tools such as STATA, R or Python under the guidance of the ADPHED and the biostatistician.
- She/he might be required to offer support to other countries in the region when called upon.
- The Data Manager will offer technical guidance and actively participate in the development of abstracts for conferences, manuscripts for publication, research/evaluation reports and dissemination exercises.
- The Data Manager will also be assigned other duties as required by the ADPHED.
To Be Successful, You Will Have
- Master’s Degree in health information management, statistics/biostatistics /epidemiology or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training (Bachelor’s degree with 5 years relevant experience may be considered).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a data manager or similar role.
- Experience in health-related research and program evaluation is desirable.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Experience working with Electronic Data Collection (EDC) tools such as ODK1/ODK-X/Survey CTO/ REDCap.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, specifically in analysis, data aggregation and reporting using Power Query.
- Experience and working statistical knowledge using STATA, R, Python for Exploratory Data Analysis (EDA) and analysis and modelling of large datasets.