Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
As a frontrunner in the area of sustainable economic development, Solidaridad seeks to create prosperity for everyone that respects both the people and the planet. With almost 50 years of experience, experts in the field and pragmatic collaboration with influential partners in and around the supply chain, Solidaridad develops smart solutions that bring lasti...
The consultancy/consultant team will be primarily responsible for:
- Develop/design endline survey tools including questionnaires for HH survey and checklist and tools for group interaction including FGD with target beneficiaries at village levels. - Share the study design including process, methods, and questionnaires/checklist with the project team, collect feedback and finalize the study design. - Pre‐test questionnaires and other tools in one of the project sites. - Submit an inception report. - Debrief/discuss with the project team about effectiveness of questionnaire, checklists, and other tools used in the pre‐test, collect feedback and finalize them.
- Carry out fieldwork together with enumerators. - Ensure the quality of information collected from fields, cross-check with the validity of information collected and verify/revise where needed. - Update progress of the study on a weekly basis to the M&E Officer. - Analyse data and prepare quality reports. - Give a presentation of the draft report to Solidaridad, and; - Submit a final report (a compiled version of the report ‐ both hard copy and electronic version in word format) to the project after incorporating the feedback and suggestions from Solidaridad.
- Work plan and expression of interest (EOI) for the Endline survey, outlining
- A detailed methodology for implementation of the survey, including proposed sample sizes. - Draft data collection tools (The Consultant shall refine proposed standard indicators in reference to the proposed program indicators and other guidelines provided by Solidaridad) - A detailed work plan for the survey
- Presentation of survey methodology to Solidaridad team in an inception meeting and later incorporate suggestions in the final inception report.
- A draft report of the survey for feedback and comments from Solidaridad and partners involved.
- Presentation on the main findings of the survey for validation involving project teams, and other stakeholders as agreed with the project team.
- A final report in English with a maximum of not more than 40 pages, excluding annexes and consisting both hard and soft (CD ROM/USB) copies, with the following sections:
- Executive Summary - Introduction - Literature review - Methodology - Findings of the survey. - Conclusions and recommendations as per the project’s outcomes, outputs, activities, and indicators - Electronic annexes with the site-by-site raw data used for the analysis.
Consultancy firms/companies with verifiable research work in the coffee sector are encouraged to express their interests.
- Relevant degree(s) in social sciences or development studies, - Strong experience with and knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods and sampling strategies - Experience in designing and conducting studies using experimental or quasi- experimental techniques. Experience with longitudinal study designs desired.
- Statistical analysis skills and strong proficiency with data analysis packages. - Proven experience in conducting endline study surveys, impact studies and evaluations, preferably on the coffee industry - Research experience with coffee farmers is an added advantage - Excellent communication and written skills in English and Swahili.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted by 14/10/2022. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, those unable to meet the requirement will not be considered. Remember that Solidaridad is an equal opportunity employer. Each application package should include the following:
The budget should cover the consultant’s fees, per Diem, travel, visa costs (if any), and accommodation costs.
- A brief proposal of the survey with methodology and work plan (not more than 15 pages). The financial proposal should have a budget with breakdowns of different costs involved, to the finer detail. A budget with aggregated figures will not be accepted. - A sample/samples of previous related work. - Updated CVs for the team leader and team members - Contact details of 3 references with complete contact information.
The overall time frame of the survey will be around 30 working days, which will include inception meetings, finalizing the survey methodology, training of enumerators, data collection, data analysis, report writing, and presenting the findings of the survey.
All applications should be sent using the contact below: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the subject below;
Expression of Interest to conduct a Endline Survey: Scaling Investment for Resilience of East Africa Coffee Producers Project (The PfC Coffee Resilience) Project
NB; Only successful candidate will be contacted