The Hospital is soliciting for qualified applicants for the position of Finance Manager.
Position requirements: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- Possession of a Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- CPA (K), ACCA, or related qualifications.
- 10 years’ experience, 5 of which must be at a senior management position preferably in a hospital set up.
Purpose of the job
The Finance Manager is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the hospital and other development and monitoring of internal control systems designed to prevent loss of the institutions assets and timely preparation of accurate financial reports.
The position oversees all financial aspects of the institution’s strategy and is responsible for the flow of financial information to the CEO through the Hospital Administrator, the board and, where necessary, external parties such as partners or financial institutions.
- Financial management/accountancy
- Evidence of structured financial/investment models supporting project planning
- Operating cash flow reports available.
- Ensures the financial integrity of the accounting functions of the hospital through both
- internal and external audits.
- Develops and maintains the long-term strategic financial plan of the hospital.
- Maintains financial relationship with external bodies (Ministry of Health, Government of Kenya etc.)
- Ensures internal control processes are in place and working.
- Ensure zero revenue leakage
- Ensures the institution is on a sound financial position at all times to meet its obligations
- Timely financial reports
- Timely preparation of financial reports and approval by Board.
- Motivated team
- High productivity levels
- Minimum disciplinary issues
- Key positions staffed
- Talent management
- Low staff turnover
- Develop business leadership skills amongst the accounting department and stores
Statutory Compliance and risk management
- Approved budget in place and the same regularly monitored.
- Lead the senior management team through the annual budgetary sessions.
Policies and Procedures
Develops and updates financial policies and procedures of the hospital and maintains the same.
Develops and implements the information systems strategy of the hospital with the assistance of the ICT Manager.
Technical Skills, General Skills & Personal Attributes
- Knowledge of Accounting/Finance,
- Planning and budgeting,
- Knowledge of Accounting software,
- Corporate Finance,
- Project Management knowledge
- People Management
- Report Writing
- Strategic Orientation
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution
- Analytical Skills
- Detail oriented
- Initiative and judgment
- Ability to withstand pressure
- Change agent